Forum

From Athens - Bye week Friday #2

4 years 5 months ago #80273 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
Watching UT drop 41 on SC, and then seeing Michigan destroy ND... these things do not give me warm and fuzzy feelings about playing the Gayduhs next week.

Tennessee over SCarolina by 20..

SMH

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80274 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
ND.....NOT as good as advertised

Michigan....improvements with each game

UT ....finally played a complete game without shooting them selves

In the foot...

LSU..played down to Assburn level

We sit exactly where we did last year after loss to LSU

No predictions about UF...

We have the talent to win out...

Question is.....

Uncle Gary will review the answers starting next Saturday....

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 5 months ago #80275 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
I like to think we have the talent, but I haven't seen out receivers do much other than being blanketed against man coverage all year.

Watched Justin Fields on his way to an invite to the Heisman awards play earlier and saw holes opened by their OL big enough to drive a truck through. Swift could have run for 200 today with holes that big.

Saw a still not good UT team destroy the team that beat us... Saw a ND team that played us tough get trounced by a team that squeezed by ARMY.

Hope it plays out like it did after LSU last year..

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80276 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
The question is simple - is UGA going to come up with effective offensive game plan that will break the shackles of box stacking and man coverage. That's what this game boils down to. Are our receivers going to gain separation? Is our O-line going to create gaps? Everyone and their brother knows that Grantham is going to do exactly what Muschamp and Stoops have done the last two weeks. Go to that well until it runs dry. It's working.

Kirby is going to have to come up with a game plan which is more than just ground n' pound play-after-play, let's wear em' out by the 3rd quarter strategy. Fromm is going to have to throw. We're going to have to push back on their secondary. If SC and UK locked up our ground game, FL most definitely will. So it's going to have to be more than screen passes to the flats. We can't get backed into a corner where we're trying to move the chains with constant 3rd & 8's. If that happens, it's going to be a long painful Saturday in Jacksonville.

It was said on here that we can't play from behind in this game. That's very true, we can't. If we don't come out an establish an offensive rhythm, this thing is going to be over quickly.

No predictions from me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 5 months ago #80277 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
Just a follow up to my previous message -

I can see where my thoughts above seem overly simplistic. Nothing complex or savvy about that assessment above - BUT.....

that's where we are right now. We're dealing with fundamentals - basic basic problems. This is the same stuff Gary Danielson and Finebaum are saying. Football is a game of fundamentals being choreographed by the shot callers at the right time and executed by the right players at the right time. We are back to basics right now, and I think that's what bothers me the most. We're not dealing the intangibles of injuries, or lack of talent.

Much has been said about Fromm these past two weeks. I am not even near ready to jump on the Fromm sucks bandwagon and dismiss the entire body of work he has amassed while at UGA. That kid is Dawg through-and-through, and furthermore, I don't think he's a shoe-in to bolt for the NFL. That's not what kind of character he is. He will think this thing out, with prayerful reflection and make the best decision for himself. I think Fromm has finally faced his first real stretch of adversity as the lead dawg at UGA. He's long overdue. How he handles it will be what defines him, not that adversity hit him. Fromm has appeared timid in his gameplay since SC picked him apart. He's going to have coaches that can design a game plan for him to regain his swagger and his confidence. If Fromm doesn't start hitting on all cylinders again, we stand no chance of doing anything other than ending the season in lackluster disappointment.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80278 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
Agree SD...... lack of Talent is not the problem....

Jake and the entire team along with the coaches have to

Shake off this funk and put a game plan together that as you correctly have stated as have others..

Not the typical dive plays for 3 quarters then try to hit big run plays

Youth has to step up in our receivers....

Not calling for a all out air raid .....but .....can see pass first to

Get our run game moving again...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds