Forum

From Athens - Bye week Friday #2

4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #80279 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
For whatever reason Tennessee’s game plan worked against South Carolina. Watched a game being “totally” offensively called by the man that was our offensive coordinator last season. Game I watched did not come close to the way I see our offensive game plans being called.

Jeremy Pruitt turned the offense over to Chaney and did his job with the defense. Speaks volumes to me . . . . Same thing is happening with Coley that apparently happened to Chaney. Kirby it appears to me demands that a certain game plan that he understands will be the approach taken in Athens, regardless of who the offensive coordinator is. What I am watching our offense do in 2019 does not resemble anything that I have watched Coley doing prior to coming to Athens.

Nick Saban can get away with running the show “totally” and winning. Kirby Smart has not qualified to do that . . . . as yet . . . . and might not get there. I disagree with some that want to say Coley is running his offense . . . . Coley is doing what Kirby wants.

Our offense was built along the same lines as the Alabama offense, as I mentioned earlier, along the 2010 football season offensive lineups. Big linemen, big strong backs, backs with speed, backs with pass catching abilities. From where I sit, have watched the offensive calls that have not allowed our offense to move out of the year 2010.

Hoping that we (UGA) are not the last to understand that a lot can be accomplished by tightends (catching passes) players like James Cook working out of the slot. The same James Cook that teammates in padded practice say he is impossible to bring down because of his outstanding talent.

Bet this, mullen and grantham know the gators will be healthy for the JAX game. Continue along the same path that we have been on for too long and some of the chatter like I am doing now will grow much louder. Going to say it . . . . Kirby Smart is not Nick Saban when it comes to listening to others. Nick hired Lane Kiffin for a reason . . . . to improve his offense. Mission accomplished. Until Kirby Smart allows James Coley to do the same, we remain an outdated offense trying to compete in the toughest football conference in the country.

Too much talent in Athens for D’Andre Swift to have to put the football team on his back to win. Turn James Coley loose and maybe our offense grows . . . . Kirby.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #80280 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
One of the best, most accurate posts I've seen on this subject. And one of the best ones I've seen on here in a while.

I can add nothing. Hole in one Buc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 5 months ago #80281 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
SoutherrnDawg, much of what I have said, you have posted already. I read everything and if it hits me a certain way, say it. Dawgs.com was at one point in time a board that members got on the stump and said what they believed. Not what is read or watched in the media. Too many names to call out, but I can remember a board that was filled with "personal feelings". Would like to see that return to this site, know that many members still read much of what is posted here.

Do want to add this SouthernDawg . . . . I am not against Head Coach Kirby Smart, I just happen to "sit in the Dawgs.com Board Room" which all of us are members. It has become apparent what Kirby's strong suits are, and . . . . some that he has shown on some game days that lack "coaching experience". Could I do his job, not a chance. I do along with others that post here have some "experience" in the college football world. Armchair quarterback, nope. Just wanting to see Georgia Football rise to the level that the folks in Alabama enjoy.

Mark Richt had a very stubborn streak, did not always exhibit that during the game, but as I have been led to believe, off the field it was his way or . . . . that did catch up with Richt in Miami, took Georgia a lot longer to figure out what needed to be done.

Football today is a game of matching skills. Once upon a time most teams did what we are doing now, lining up and the best man/team won on Saturdays. Talent today is landing in a lot of different areas. Example . . . . who would have thought that Clemson would have been as successful as they have been against Alabama? Not me. That shows that Buc is behind the 8-ball also.

Kirby turn Coley loose. Speaking for myself, I believe that Kirby is having an effect on Jake Fromm. Talk has been that Jake has been less than good recently. I think that Jake is caught in the middle of something that is not good for the TEAM. Against the gators, the best offensive coach we will have is Jake Fromm and his many hours of film study and Saturdays on the turf. It will be Jake versus grantham most of the day. My opinion. If Jake is allowed to play the game the way he knows how to do, I take the Dawgs over the gators hand down.

Just chatting . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
4 years 5 months ago #80282 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
Didn’t wait for November to even start...crazy weekend in

College football.....

We open the week as a 6.5 underdog to another urange...team

Buc ..... totally agree ..we share the same line of thought..

Chaney and Coley ....produced the same vanilla offense working for

The same HC...... becomes fairly easy to see the root cause.....

Sidebar.....our Coley offense looks nothing like what he ran at Miami.

we have a ton more talent.....hmmmm...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 5 months ago #80284 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
When you do anything and you are doing it afraid to make mistakes, you will never take the chances you need to take for the biggest return... and in your conservatism, you will put yourself in a position that mistakes are made anyway.

Football is also about matchups, and in this day and age I believe that it's more realistic to expect positive results when you create the matchup you want instead of just winning the matchup that your opponent gives you.

I think these are two lessons that our offense could learn from.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
4 years 5 months ago #80286 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens - Bye week Friday #2
Wart...

Wait for things to happen vs. making things happen...

Reactivate....or.......Proactive

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds