Forum

GAME DAY: SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

4 years 6 months ago #80179 by Wartdawg
Don't care what Kirby has to say. It was a bad game plan and we never adjusted. We couldn't beat man coverage and kept playing right into it. The management at the end of the game was about as bad as Mark Richt's very worst. The play calling on offense was reminiscent of Cheney against Auburn 2017 and LSU in 2018. Trying to run another play at the end of the game with 8 seconds and no timeouts was as stupid as the Alabama fake punt.

Oh well... I'm used to it.. UGA/Alabama Richt and Kirby... The Braves.. 28-3.. you just become numb to it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #80180 by growl
This is probably the first time that I can remember when I agree with everything that everyone said on this thread. That was an incredibly pitiful display.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
4 years 6 months ago #80181 by yankeedawg1
Truly pains me to say these words..

“ It’s just Georgia being Georgia “

Yes the conversation was changed on the field...regrettably it wasn’t

Us speaking.......

Go Dawgs!

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #80182 by SouthernDawg
I've had a night to mull things over, and with an FU loss last night, maybe it eased the sting a tad bit. But regardless, here we are at 5-1, losing to an unranked SC team that surely will pull us out of the top 10 and bring SC into the top 25. What angers me is that I said all week to just about everyone that saw me at work wearing UGA gear or saw my flag hanging in my office that we absolutely had better not take Muschamp for granted. I've said for ages (and look back on here if there's doubt) that Muschamp is a very able coach and a formidable defensive mind. He's matured into a very stable, consistent, and competitive coach, despite his record. This win yesterday earned him several more years to come as a thorn in our side.

Let me address something that has set the Twits and the comment threads ablaze - "FIRE KIRBY SMART!!"

Count me out of this choir. Am I pissed off and dismayed at this loss? Yeah. But it's going to take a whole lot more for me to abandon ship and pull the plug. Ya'll may disagree and that's fine, but I am far from there yet. Kirby has amassed a hell of a body of work in 3 seasons, is recruiting at the highest level (specifically on the lines), and up until yesterday's meltdown, had us in prime position to head to Atlanta. On paper, we still have that chance even though I think the chances are definitely outside at best and I see us losing another game before it's all said & done. I'm far more concerned with the play calling I saw out of Coley yesterday and the resultant confusion of the offense. The offense has looked out of sync since the ND game with missed routes, mixed up assignments, illegal motions, etc. The offense was going all day against a stacked box and had one-on-one with the defenders. Other than Cager, why weren't the receivers eating up these mismatches? Why was Fromm being forced to throw into tight windows when the receivers should have easily gotten separation and burned the defender for points? But furthermore - why - when these plays weren't working, did we see Coley calling exactly the same plays, returning to a well that was known to be bone dry?

They better figure this out and damned fast, because until we prove our ability to break the effectivity of it, we're going to see every team we play stack 6 to 8 in the box and play man on our receivers.

This was the first game that I can remember that absolutely no adjustments were made at the half, and if they were made, they were the wrong adjustments. I expected that crap out of a Richt coaching squad, as the "this-is-our-game-plan-and-come-hell-or-high-water-we're-sticking-to-it" motto had become standard operating procedure from 2000-2015. But to see a regression in the 2nd half led me by the start of the 4th to say "you know, we're gonna lose this friggin game." That's the first time I've felt that in the last 3 years. I can't remember a game where I was dead certain that by the 4th quarter, we were going to lose, but yesterday it happened. May it never happen again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
4 years 6 months ago #80183 by yankeedawg1
SD..... exactly..... as crazy as it might sound.... might the losses to

Texas and now SC be part of the process ??

Success is ... correcting errors.... we have made a seasons worth...

Pondering this though..... our “O”. Looked very much what we saw

From Chaney... and now from Coley..... both had the same HC

Who may have gone ultra conservative after getting bit on disastrous fake FG and punts..

Also if we are throwing shade at our coaches and players

Save some for the sleepy Sanford fans Saturday... way low energy

Unlike ND .....Chicken’s had no trouble with hearing snap count...

And yes the sun did come up in Athens today....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #80184 by SouthernDawg
Agreed 100%.

I noticed that Kirby didn't thank the fans in the presser because they deserved no thanks whatsoever. You could almost read a book in quiet and contented peace in that stadium yesterday.

The loudest I heard that place yesterday was when they boo'd Kirby for not letting Rod attempt the FG. Unacceptable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds