Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts 18-01-19

5 years 3 months ago #79754 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 18-01-19

Buc wrote: I like Kirby's hiring/selection of Charlton Warren. Young coach with a solid military background. Little doubt that Charlton's time in the Air Force has and will play a big part in his coaching career. I support discipline and character building, feel sure our new defensive back coach does also. There is currently a lot of talent in our defensive backfield, believe Warren has to like coaching and being around this amount of very talented players.

My only concern here is that Warren changes jobs like most people change underwear.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #79755 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts 18-01-19
Honest concern Wartdawg, agree . . . . Thinking here he is an Atlanta native, nothing like home grown. Mentioned the talent in Athens, good place for a coach like Warren to get some serious attention from outsiders by being here. Outsiders meaning coaching trees elsewhere and of course recruiting. Under normal circumstances money will move most folks involved in football at all levels. All of us are aware of that, not an original statement on my part. Was reported that Chaney left because of the money offer, might be, have a feeling it was more than that.

Say this . . . . looking at the video above, Coach Warren is going to find a place for Otis Reese. Otis Reese plays the way Coach Warren coaches apparently. Reese is going to rattle a lot of cages, not a doubt in my mind.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 3 months ago #79756 by Buc
Steve Greer is in my mind almost "one of a kind". Article below touches on just a few of the many things he did for the University of Georgia. Steve was always in the middle of the defensive group that surrounded Erk on Saturdays readying themselves for teams like Clemson. Dawgdoc more than likely has many memories of Steve during his time in Athens. God bless Steve Greer. :)

bulldawgillustrated.com/sports/uga-footb...reer-still-fighting/
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #79757 by Buc
Great man, great football player among many other qualities. Thank you Steve Greer. :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds