Forum

James Coley, OC

5 years 3 months ago #79714 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic James Coley, OC
I don't think that anyone on this board wishes Coach Chaney any ill will. He did some really good things while here and at other places he has coached. Believe he will be a solid coordinator at Tennessee, and he will also be a good fit for Jeremy Pruitt's team, would not be there if Pruitt did not want him. Have read some blogs that say PP brought Chaney to Tennessee, believe this, Pruitt runs the Vol football team from top to bottom. One way in Knoxville now, Pruitt's way or the highway. Jeremy Pruitt is a football coach, the way I remember football coaches from the past. And . . . . Pruitt beat Malzahn on the road, liked that a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #79715 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic James Coley, OC
Well, I was expecting someone from a playoff team to get the dc job. Been a while since it was open. I would think someone is being courted and wooed right now....if that doesn’t work out, one of the guys on staff will get the nod.

Of course, the on staff guy could be the first choice, and that guy is being recruited by others.

Edit...I don’t think the on staff guy is first choice...to lazy to guess who first choice may be.

I think uga missed chances the last two years, that will not be usuall occurrences. Just to many universities after the big prize. Twenty schools kind of get the process now. What if uga had got the Clemson qb from carterville? He might have sat Jake down...maybe.

More
5 years 3 months ago #79717 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic James Coley, OC
Plain and simple ..

Anyone on CKS staff must....

Speak....Kirby
Work as hard as Kirby
Love recruiting and teaching football. As much as Kirby..

And do it all with a smile......

What is not required is an ego or big head...

The process is about ....we and not me

No question... HC has names in mind ...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, growl, scooby

More
5 years 3 months ago #79718 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic James Coley, OC
Jeremy Pruitt's brief tenure in Athens started the shift that resulted eventually in the hiring of CKS. Saw what worked in Tuscaloosa, came to Athens, took a look around and said, "This is no way to run a railroad." Hurt some feelings, ruffled some feathers and had to move on. "The process" was underway.

Defense was better too. Not sure how he'll do as a HC, but his impact on UGA was significant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, scooby

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #79719 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic James Coley, OC
This is pretty dang funny.

Is Jeremy Pruitt a dumb arse, or real smart? Tennersee, under his command, just hired a journeyman oc for way more than market value.

He’s real smart, it’s not his money...

I really think he’s going to crash and burn. I’m not a foozball guru, but can read folks okay, and he give me bad vibes.

More
5 years 3 months ago #79720 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic James Coley, OC
Well I did say I don’t know how he’ll do as a head coach He shook things up that needed shaking up in Athens though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, scooby

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds