Forum

Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything

5 years 5 months ago #79206 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything
Sidebar.... CKS... totally relaxed doing pressers...learned quickly how to swat Pounty...

No coach speak....truthfull direct answers....Refreshing..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #79207 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything
Buc,

Once again, spot on. The bloom is off the rose in Coral Gables. Its was a matter of when, not if. Friends back home acquainted with the program tell me that the fire has been turned up to high. CMR won't get the leash he had in Athens. Credit their fan base - at least they see through the $4M/year veneer much faster than a sizable contingent in Athens did. Friend tells me that plenty within the UM program are ready to run Jon Richt out on a rail. They want the Mark Richt/Jon Richt package unbundled - in a serious way. Biggest complaints I hear - "(insert vulgarity of choice) Jon Richt," "we have no special teams," and "we have no offensive line." Well yeah - in other news, dog bites owner.

The one thing the UM fanbase hasn't run up against yet to get a proper appreciation of is CMR's stubborn nature. They're getting a taste of it right now with the QB situation, but they have no idea as to the magnitude of that pig-headedness that they're yet to enjoy.

CMR is on his way out of college football. He loses his ride in Miami sooner than we think. Recruiting is not going well for him and with Mullen getting his sea legs under him in Cesspoolville as Mark loses to Boston College, it doesn't look like a long horizon for his tenure there. Miami doesn't give him a 4 year leash.

In light of the comment this week in the post game thread....remember this? Yeah, no thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 5 months ago #79208 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything
That was a lot like what he said in some of his post game pressers here near the end of his tenure. A bit of deflection towards others regarding blame and a little bit of surliness when they asked him about N'kosi not getting in the game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #79209 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything
SouthernDawg, retired last night prior to your post.

Richt again surrounded himself with coaches that he knew he had complete control over. Will impact some of their careers going forward, just the way it eventually comes down. Thomas Brown was one of Richt's first hires and I was quite frankly not happy to see Thomas leave. Richt made it clear from the get go that he was going to call the plays. Thomas Brown was offensive coordinator in title only, not a good move on Brown's part. Thomas however was a rising star in the coaching ranks, believe he will regroup at some point and reach greater heights. hurricanesports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1334.

This to the disappointment of some that still want to hold on to the one or two good years Richt had at UGA should open "even" their eyes. Mark Richt is not a coach that will take a team past a certain point. Many head coaches having winning seasons, that in this day and time does not register. Have said this before, will again . . . . Richt reminds me of VD. Actually hired by VD. Both coaches took over programs that were at best mediocre, reached a certain level and reaped the benefits for years. Communications concerning college football is no longer controlled by the beat writers as it once was. FANS can now pull the trigger on the internet whether right or wrong. Media had complete control over that up until the internet arrived.

SouthernDawg, hit a nerve with your post and the followup by Wartdawg brought back many thoughts of the past. At this stage of my life I am very happy with Smart and Company, watching our program grow in "real time", not like the "past".

Good read . . . .

:)

EDIT:

Copied from the article below. Some of what others think about the program . . . . Sound familiar ? This is where the stubborn factor comes in that Wartdawg mentioned.

One of the reasons Mark Richt was so excited about taking this job, was because he’d get to be the play-caller. Would taking that ability out of his control hurt his loyalty to the program? In my opinion, Richt shouldn’t give up the responsibility completely, but have someone to consult him. 19 wins in two seasons isn’t bad at all, but there’s always room for improvement, and there’s no telling how high the ceiling for this team would be with a couple changes.

www.stateoftheu.com/2018/5/20/17366512/m...k-richt-thomas-brown

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 5 months ago #79210 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything
In this day and age playcalling should be left to the coordinators. The Head coaches involvement in play calling should take place during the practice week when he makes sure the coordinator is on the same page as he is.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #79211 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything
Wartdawg, believe the poll in the link above presents the true feelings about play calling.

And this . . . .

Was mentioned a short time back on this site that maybe our coaching staff might take a look at some of the talent sitting on Saturdays. Netori Johnson is a very athletic, large man. Defensive coaches taking a look.

georgiadogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3103

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds