Forum

Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #79212 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything
A little more of "everything".

This article goes into more detail about Miami Hurricane coaching . . . . Fox got into the Miami "hen house". Coach returning to his MO displayed in Athens for a long time . . . . especially the last 6 years or so . . . .

Remember these words at the pressers in Athens?

“We all take pride in what we do,” Richt said on his radio show. “A lot of things get bantered around. People that don’t – I’m not saying they don’t know football – but they don’t know exactly what’s going on. It’s hard for people to figure things out.” Really?

www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181029/mi...cisions-play-calling
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 5 months ago #79213 by Buc
Kentucky vs Georgia 2009 . . . .

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #79214 by Buc
Couple of things, then time to move on to Kentucky . . . .

Watched the win over the gators a couple more times, came away with this . . . . We beat the gators. Don’t care how, could care less about some opinions I have read from the beat writers. Never ending "click" game.

Did not see #52 on our defense mentioned at all in the summary of players that made a difference in the game. georgiadogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3077. Without the consistent play of Tyler Clark, last season would not have ended the way it did. Without Tyler Clark the gator game could have had a different ending. Tyler Clark shows up big in every game, he however is an odds on favorite of mine to "stand out" in the money games. Double teamed by the gators, they knew.

Todd Grantham . . . . very easy to scheme against him, little doubt what he will have his defense doing 70/80 percent of the time. Georgia was huge on third down plays against Grantham/gators. I reflect back to the days Grantham had us lined up against Alabama in ATL the first time. A sad case of not utilizing the talent that sat on the bench the entire game as the Tide wore our defense out in the second half. There was no need for the final outcome just short of the end zone in that game. Richt/Grantham were not a winning combination. As I see it now . . . . hope Mullen keeps Grantham as his defensive coordinator, all but guarantees smiling faces painted in RED departing JAX with another win in 2019.

Been around for many battles with the gators, 2018 game might be my favorite.

Hearing a lot about the Kentucky defense. No doubt they are solid, #52 for Georgia is solid also. Going to be a lot of noise at kickoff. There was a lot of noise prior to playing in the big games in 2017. Did well, came up a bit short . . . . Safety read Tua's eyes and the party was over. I will not be surprised at the final score.

:)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 5 months ago #79215 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Monday . . . . Little Bit of Everything
Thanks for sharing Buc.....

Noise will keep building....along with the clickbait.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #79237 by Buc
Could not resist . . . .

If I could photo shop urban "liar" meyers head in the video below, would be a dead ringer for what Mullen has to say at the presser.

Thought Richt might be able to give the gators a run for their money . . . . recruiting. Miami loses again, folks in South Florida raises the same questions that were raised in Athens.

I have never been overly impressed with Mullen. Put it this way . . . . any number of coaches I could name that would be a winner with the abundant talent in the Sunshine State. gator fans? are on a roll again, cock sure they have the winning formula. Not going to happen with Mullen at the head of the gator football program.

Mullen had the players "jacked" for the JAX game, not hard to do for either team. Put simply, Smart and Company outcoached Mullen and his group. Talking heads and beat reporters were playing the "click" game, just another case of zero understanding college football.

Not fooling myself . . . . we have the youngest team in the SEC. These young folks are playing giving their best, and quite simply are finally being coached by "some" of the best.

Looking forward to ATL.

And this . . . . Richt as always spends first several minutes telling everyone how good the opponent is . . . . at the 4:20 mark on the video the real Richt appears when talking about the game played. For all that read this board and others . . . . still want this "good man" back in Athens?

www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-b...rticle220987780.html

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds