Forum

GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

5 years 6 months ago #79036 by Wartdawg
You and many here get it, Buc.... Why i am so big on using the TE in the passing game.

Matchups... too big and strong for your average cover guys and too swift and agile for your average SAM LB's and strong safeties.... especially effective if you actually use the TE's down the field. Defenses either have to bring in a nickel corner and then you can take advantage of that in the run game or stay base and you can abuse them with the TE on intermediate routes.

Even when we use the TE, it seems to be on really short routes. I know you lose blocking when you send the TE out like that but if that's an issue then I like running a big package with two TE's, keeping one in for protection (and/or keeping a back in to block).

Again though... It's just the style of offense I would prefer, and there is more than one way to skin a cat and more than one system that can be effective. It just seems to me to be appropriate with the caliber of TE we have available.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #79037 by Buc
Wartdawg, I also believe once the offensive line gets to the point that they are almost a second thought, players like Charlie Woerner are going to sparkle. Woerner has had bumps and bruises, but this young man could be the perfect fit you describe above as the receiving tight end, coupled along with a tight end lined up and staying home. You know and I know that there has never been as much talent in Athens as there is now and more on the way. We are going to have highly rated players commit to Georgia knowing the "depth of competition". Process, proven elsewhere successfully.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds