Forum

GAME DAY: TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS VS GEORGIA BULLDOGS

5 years 7 months ago #79026 by Buc
Wartdawg, good stuff. Thomas is going to be a name that is known nationally in just a couple of years. As you relate to players working together, put perfectly. Little more time with the offensive line working together, and probably a two quarterback system, and of course as you say, remain healthy, end of 2018 could hold some surprises where the media giants least expect them. #55 Trey Hill is going to be another name that will gain national attention. Believe he will be our next center.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #79027 by Buc
While on offensive linemen and line play . . . .

Having purposely stayed away from "Quarterback for Clicks". Do not think that needs a lot of explanation, however . . . . such as the "stuff" pouty was trying to stir the pot with at a recent presser.

When watching Murf come forward with thoughts and film on the subject, gets my interest. Interest from someone that first off played the game, secondly sharp enough to go into detail through "knowledge".

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 7 months ago #79028 by Wartdawg
That is great stuff Buc.

I love the detailed analysis of the game within the game, and here we see some of the necessary teamwork on the line I've talked about. We also see Thomas and Mays being pretty beastly with what they are capable of out there. I encourage everyone to watch the video and see the intricacy of what is going out there "in the trenches". I loved the description as "club bouncing", lmbo Nope... "you got to get out the club as he bounces him all the way to the parking lot". Love to see that sort of "finishing".

I loved the next video breakdown on Fields and what he really brings to the game. Excellent point about how even on just a straight inside zone run that just having Fields out there negates the need to have a cross formation blocker on the backside as the defender just can't crash down the line at all. Also the breakdown of the last play where he highlights #94 Matthew Butler from he Urange as he has no idea what to do. He looks at Cook on the fake...looks back at Fields... tries to take a step down but gets flat footed and then hilariously makes a feeble wave at Fields who is by now 3 full yards out of his reach. I literally laughed at loud.

Freaks

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 7 months ago #79029 by Buc
Wartdawg one of the reasons I posted Fields taking the snaps was hoping it would be noticed that when he is in the game, tight end play will fully return to our attack. When Justin gets a full grip on "reading SEC Football", Luke Ford is going to score a lot of points. Fields and Ford camped together, little doubt what will happen when both are wearing the Red and Black on Saturdays. I am a great believer and supporter of tight ends blocking, just think that the threat of run/pass option allows the offensive line to take care of many or most responsibilities. Lots of on the job training going on under Smart and Company . . . . about time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago #79032 by Wartdawg
I hope you are correct Buc. Over the years I've let it be known how versatile it makes an offense if you fully utilize the TE (and FB if you run formations with a FB.. which I personally prefer). These elements present special problems for a D.

I say though that I hope you are correct because I am not as confident that
our OC will ever utilize a TE to the extent I like. Not that he is right or wrong.. just a little bit of a different philosophy apparently between he and I.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #79034 by Buc
Wartdawg, have taken note over the years reading your posts . . . . a lot of tight end talk from you. Solid in your comments, another reason that I post videos that Murf puts together, realize that you have "some of that in you".

Still at this point not quite sure why Chaney is not using the tight ends more in the passing routes. Something in my small mind leads me to think that Kirby is a party to this. Coach Smart has often spoken to the fact that he wants and will have a running game. No problem there. Truthfully Wartdawg, think we are still going through a "process". That being . . . . getting all parts of the team on another level and beginning with the offensive line to the point that maximum protection will not be needed as much the remainder of 2018 and 2019 is a perfect time for players such as Luke Ford. Just thinking . . . .

One other point, all of us now see Freshmen and Sophomores getting a lot more time on Saturdays, three years ago could not make statements like these. Not mad, glad that Smart and Company are where they are and will be for a long stretch. Little doubt that sooner rather than later some of our highly prized coaches will be elsewhere. Should not say this, but will . . . . looking more and more like the coaching on the other side of the Chattahoochee found its way to Athens.

Do want to add this . . . . with mobile quarterbacks and top grade offensive lines, makes it less of a need to have a fullback. Back in the day there was a right and left halfback and a fullback. True.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds