Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #78632 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Takes me back to the National Championship Game.

If not for a missed coverage in the defensive backfield, wonder what the situation would be in Tuscaloosa. If not for a blown officiating offside call, wonder what the overall outcome “might” have been. Have watched the film on the offside call, blown by the Big Ten official. Much has been said about the offside call since the game ended, every time I watch the film, I see a gift presented to the Tide.

Alabama did not intimidate our team, little doubt that Alabama had a lot of talent, as usual. What does that say for second year head coach and assistants in Athens? A lot to me.

The depth of our offensive line, plus a seriously loaded backfield, look forward to 2018. Our offense will contribute even more than the 2017 team I think. Special Team play is going to be equal to or better than 2017. Defense is going to be several steps ahead because of better all around play.

I’ll bet the farm on this . . . . opposing quarterbacks are not going to make a lot of 4 and 5 step drops. That too plays into “our” defensive scheme(s). Lots and lots of 3 man fronts, allowing a huge number of athletes to make opposing quarterbacks have awful Saturdays.

Tyson Campbell might be the best defensive back (as a total package) that Georgia has ever recruited out of high school.True shut down corner, not many teams can say that. He will start before 2018 is a wrap.

In the defensive backfield will be a young man that ogredawg mentioned playing safety. He will.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #78633 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc....this team hasn’t played a down in a real game...

However,truly believe that veterans will get new pups game ready....

Falls back on making practice worth something.....as you and others correctly have stated

Coach’m Up...

Go Dawgs..

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 11 months ago #78634 by Buc
yankeedawg1, I am hoping that the current "leaders/elders" :) on the team carry on with the same thought and practice patterns that Chubb, Michele and others brought to the team last season. If that happens the University of Georgia football team has taken another giant step moving up in the college football world. Seems that we finally understand "depth" and that was focused on as soon as Smart and Company arrived in Athens. Coach'em up has taken on a meaning that was sorely missed for too long. Foundation building continues and that is a good thing. When I use the word "foundation" brings to mind WartDawg and his Father who was a builder. Many of these young men entering college football today are much better prepared for the game than some years back. Glad that we have the IPF now and can continue to build on the foundation that was laid in high school.

More
5 years 11 months ago #78635 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Senior wise gas passer ...aka Buc.... winner winner...chicken dinner..

Justify.... one more step.. great call Buc.... your winnings kept growing..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
5 years 11 months ago #78638 by Buc
Good to see Kirby Smart spending time in Columbus, Georgia.

More
5 years 11 months ago #78639 by Buc
A lot of the words in the video below apply to the 2018 team.

vimeo.com/139639470

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds