Forum

Mel Tucker Targeted by Tennessee

6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77811 by SouthernDawg
Mel Tucker Targeted by Tennessee was created by SouthernDawg
www.dawgnation.com/football/report-georg...didate-tennessee-job

If I were Mel, this is a job that out of professional respect for the program's interest in me I would respond to, but one to which I would swiftly give a "thanks but no thanks" answer. Tennessee's dumpster fire and utter institutional disarray is not something I'd want to cut my coaching teeth on. Let Les Miles take the job, he has nothing to lose. Mel has a career to think of and to protect. It's tough enough taking the reigns as a head coach for the first time, it's quite another level of brutality for a rookie head coach to take a program in shambles, try to restore institutional respect AND build a championship program.

Be patient Mel. Take your time. Much better opportunities will await you in the future. Get some more experience with us before spreading your wings and take that golden job once it opens up. SEC schools have shown they're impatient for success, so the coaching carousel will spin around again in short order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SouthernDawg
  • SouthernDawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 4 months ago #77812 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Mel Tucker Targeted by Tennessee
SouthernDawg. Truth ...I lived in Chattanooga for 26 years.... went through The Johnny Majors

Mess with Phat Phil the first time....his thanks for his efforts and. Natty were...here’s the door

Kiffin....Dooley....Jones..... yes we have our Row and the issues that come with it..

Knox’s Vegas..... far worse..... it’s not going to be a quick fix..... many baby steps will be needed

Stated earlier...we have two years into our process...with a Monster recruiting class for 2018...

Agree Mel takes pass on this ....hmmmm...opportunity...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
6 years 4 months ago #77813 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Mel Tucker Targeted by Tennessee
Fulmer stated that he will be "heavily " involved in the football program. Say thanks but no thanks like SD said

thecountrynation.com

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77814 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Mel Tucker Targeted by Tennessee
This is a beautiful thing . . . . Points to the fact that our program is pointed in the right direction. There will always be athletic directors that will "poach" other successful programs. Like we did with Kirby Smart. Thanks again averagedawg.

One other point to make . . . . When I heard that Gus had been retained by Auburn, thought about doing back flips, realized that happened in days past. ;) So looking forward to the Gus bus arriving in the Classic City in 2018.

More
6 years 4 months ago #77815 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Mel Tucker Targeted by Tennessee
Agree...Buc.... Gus Bus .......UT. And Vandy. All at home in 2018....

Yup... The Bus staying at Assburn....early Christmas present....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
6 years 4 months ago #77816 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Mel Tucker Targeted by Tennessee
Reading the article below, small wonder the Dawg Nation was in an uproar for far too long. FANS have never been fully appreciated in my estimation for more years than I can remember. Smart and Company have put an end to many, way too many frustrations over the past x number of just win more than we lose years. McGarity and those above him (Mahogany Row) should take note of the change. Smart and his coaches recognized the problem and . . . . fixed many of the existing problems. Main problem was called investing the FANS money in facilities that allow coaches and playeers to reach the Final Four. Facts are simply that, FACTS.

www.dawgnation.com/football/kirk-herbstr...e-bulldogs-home-game
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds