Forum

GAME DAY: AUBURN VS GEORGIA SECCG

6 years 4 months ago #77780 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN VS GEORGIA SECCG

What goes around sometimes comes around. Posting this is regard to the Gus statement. Could not resist. Toomers Corner is quiet today.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #77781 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN VS GEORGIA SECCG
I do want to give a shout to Chaney for calling a good game. He kept them off balance, and he utilized the plays that we here knew would give us our best chance.

Fromm makes choices between 2 plays almost every time he’s at the line. He had the freedom to do that today because most of the game both options were viable. Slants.. pitches.. swings. It was a complete 180 from the 1st game.

Hats off to Fromm for making the right choices as well.

Also great work today from that O-line.. put in a better position to succeed, the delivered. Good job CSP.

A big grade A to Mel as well. D made adjustments and despite some enthusiatic lapses of judgement, we shut.them.down. They had no option to turn to.

Another personal kudo... 4th and 5 and the game is in hand.. we are just trying to kill clock by running a play..

... and that play is a pass in the endzone. Dear Gus.. Kirby was like Peppridge Farm.. “he remembered”. I have to be honest... seeing Gus with that smug dog crap grin wiped off his face from about the end of the 1st qtr on was just great.

One last shout out to Buc, Dawg Doc, and all of our (and I mean this with all due respect) elder statesmen here at Dawgs.com. This one was for you.

Go Dawgs

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DawgDoc, Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, dawgs_fans_dad

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77782 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN VS GEORGIA SECCG

stevedawg wrote: Welcome TadDawg! (His message #77767 )

SEC Champs!

The air smells good in Georgia today!

Indeed. Welcome TadDawg!

I don't think anyone on here has ill-wishes for Mark Richt, certainly I do not. I just had wishes that he wasn't our head coach any longer.

Miami is experiencing the first symptoms of the onset of Richt-itis and they're soothing their pains by making all the excuses we Georgia fans made for Richt time after time after time. It's like deja vu all over again reading the message boards because it's all the same old crap we Georgia fans spewed out there because we wanted to believe the problems were circumstantial and not institutional within the coaching staff.

I can honestly say that had we been coached by Richt last night, we'd have been treated to a post-game presser of Richt talking up Auburn and how his hat was off to Gus Malzahn and what a good job he does at Auburn, how proud he was of his team, how they 'worked their tails off' and have everything to be proud of, how excited he was going to be to play in a big bowl game and coach his seniors one more time, and just how bright the future is with the next crop of recruits coming in that he wouldn't coach up to be champions.

We knew with Kirby that we were getting a coach that came from a system that viewed underachieving as absolutely unacceptable. That was tell tale sign #1 that Kirby would be a great coach. Tell tale sign #2 was that Kirby did a few things immediately upon taking over the reigns that few people noticed, but were big attitude adjustments. No longer were dog bone helmet stickers given out for good performance on and off the field, no longer were there kumbaya life lesson pep talks given and scripture quoted at practice, no more mat drills, no more catchy t-shirts reminding players to 'finish the drill..' No longer was just good enough good enough, perfection on every single play is the bar of entry into Kirby's system. If you buy into it, he wants you as a player, if you don't - well, then go play for Auburn.

Everything changed at UGA upon his arrival that indicated there was a level of seriousness about developing "our brand of football" through "the process." The coaches he brought in knew the process, preached it and are very competent educators at their craft. Very few people, I'd wager to say only Kirby, have been successful at replicating the process at Alabama. Now he may want to call it this or that, he might want to say its the Junkyard Dawgs and not Alabama East, but whatever. He can try to distance himself from his Alabama training and his many years running point behind Saban, but we all know that the reality that it's the process and he's copied it, but that's what he's done. And it worked. That's why most of us had an unwavering confidence in Kirby Smart. Any doubters are now complete converts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #77783 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN VS GEORGIA SECCG

Wartdawg wrote: I do want to give a shout to Chaney for calling a good game. He kept them off balance, and he utilized the plays that we here knew would give us our best chance.

Fromm makes choices between 2 plays almost every time he’s at the line. He had the freedom to do that today because most of the game both options were viable. Slants.. pitches.. swings. It was a complete 180 from the 1st game.

Hats off to Fromm for making the right choices as well.

Also great work today from that O-line.. put in a better position to succeed, the delivered. Good job CSP.

A big grade A to Mel as well. D made adjustments and despite some enthusiatic lapses of judgement, we shut.them.down. They had no option to turn to.

Another personal kudo... 4th and 5 and the game is in hand.. we are just trying to kill clock by running a play..

... and that play is a pass in the endzone. Dear Gus.. Kirby was like Peppridge Farm.. “he remembered”. I have to be honest... seeing Gus with that smug dog crap grin wiped off his face from about the end of the 1st qtr on was just great.

One last shout out to Buc, Dawg Doc, and all of our (and I mean this with all due respect) elder statesmen here at Dawgs.com. This one was for you.

Go Dawgs

Agreed.

Buc, I'm so glad you're getting to see and enjoy this one buddy. You've earned it. You've been the constant and steadfast voice on this forum supporting your dawgs year after year. A heartfelt thank you for all you do here and how long you've been doing it.

A long time coming for all of us, but some more than others.

Cheers to you Buc and Yankeedawg!

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc

More
6 years 4 months ago #77784 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN VS GEORGIA SECCG
It means a lot to see you guys stepping up and taking over on Dawgs.com. Not any different than coaching changes, there has to be change and from where I sit, solid football minds have done that on this board. Means a lot to me when I read the posts, realizing that the fingers doing the typing are coming directly from football minds. One liners are the way many post on other boards. That can always be an "escape route" later on. Never have bought into that way of thinking. Have witnessed several members here coming back to the board from the opening of the 2017 Season until now with promises given, promises kept. Also see new members coming to this board, feel sure that they just like the rest of us will be welcomed and invited to "state their case", good, bad or otherwise.

On to Pasadena. I really like the fact that we are facing off with Oklahoma. Lastly this . . . . to the Seniors, 2017 has done more to pull Dawg Nation together than any year I can remember, and yes, that is quite a while back.

Go Dawgs, you were finally "Coached Up"!

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, sadlerdawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

More
6 years 4 months ago #77787 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic GAME DAY: AUBURN VS GEORGIA SECCG
Echo the congrats to all the long-time, dyed-in-the-wool, for better or worse 'dawg fans! From the day Dawg Nation took over Wrigley Field and then ND's stadium, through a THOROUGHLY enjoyable weekend in Jacksonville, capped by D'Andre Swift's TD (I really wish Wims had caught that pass :laugh: ) it has been a really fun ride with more to come. Just what you've been advocating for since I've joined the board. On to Pasadena!

(My son is OVER. THE. MOON. and the fact that it happened against Allbarn increased his enjoyment exponentially.)

Go 'dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds