Forum

Thoughts

6 years 5 months ago #77566 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts
Yes... they cover our backs... out of the backfield.. in the slot.

Whatever.. every team’s defensive alignments account for the oppositions eligible recievers.

Guess what... they also covered our backs when we were handing off to them and sending them running forward into a wall.

If we say we’re not going to attempt something because the other team is covering it, then they are dictating what we do. If we allow the opposition to dictate what we do, then we will lose.

Here is one thing very simple that I know. If you keep doing the same thing and it doesn’t work, then you should do something else.

This sounds to me like we are saying well we kept doing what we KNEW wasn’t working because we THOUGHT other things wouldn’t work even though we didn’t try them.

I have all due respect for the HC, but coach-speak doesn’t play with me. Those answers may satisfy the general public, but they shouldn’t satisfy those who know a bit more about the game.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, ogredawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #77567 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Thoughts
Read that today Buc and just shook my head at what Kirby said. He is not a great offensive mind that is why he has to double down, get rid of the current OC and promote Dell McGee to OC to keep him in the fold. Also need to do something to keep Sherrer or we are going to lose him......

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77568 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic Thoughts
The quote from Kirby on the offensive woes against Auburn are disconcerting to say the least......Unless, of course, he's developing an elaborate ruse to spring on Kentucky - that we're really that dumb about offense.

All of the emphasis on throwing to the running backs, without even mentioning the WRs or TEs, makes me wonder if we really are that limited offensively in our knowledge and creativity. We supposedly have some very fine TEs who can catch and run. If the defense is stacking the box to stuff the run, then the middle of the field should be prime hunting ground for yardage - as long as you don't have several of your guys in the same area. It doesn't take a brilliant offensive mind to look at film or pictures taken during the game and see where the defense is vulnerable for quick strikes to TEs and/or WRs which could have clear sailing to the endzone. If the QB is getting the pressure Fromm received on Saturday, somebody has to be open in a predictable area.

And about the defense.....turnovers and quick, unproductive possessions will burn a good defense pretty damn quickly.

Kirby said that one game doesn't define a season. Well, it shouldn't, but it can. Whether or not this game lingers is all on him and the coaching staff. Time to Coach 'em Up!

It's football, not rocket science or medical research, surely we can muster a more intuitive and instinctive offensive game plan for the rest of the season. Time's a wastin'.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
6 years 5 months ago #77569 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thoughts
You’re right SimpleDawg...

One game shouldn’t define a season. Now whether it will or not depends on how we respond the rest of the season.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77570 by SimpleDawg
Replied by SimpleDawg on topic Thoughts
Hopefully, the Dawgs can get back on the horse and ride him right into the CFP, but it will have to be a group effort - coaches and players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77571 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Thoughts
I'm hopeful, and I think this team has a different mindset than last year... but I'm still a bit anxious to see how we respond because I think the drubbing we took at ole miss last year defined alot of the rest of the season

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds