Forum

Georgia/Auburn 3:30 p.m. CBS

6 years 5 months ago #77482 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Georgia/Auburn 3:30 p.m. CBS

sadlerdawg wrote:

Wartdawg wrote:

sadlerdawg wrote: Guess you're right... throughout history the better team always wins

Most of the time a team better in all 3 phases of the game does absolutely win. If we are better in all 3 phases.. as you said we were, we will win.

If we don’t win, my bet is that we will not have been better in all 3 phases of the game and one of them will have let us down.

Ok

Do you rrally think we are better on offense, defense, and special teams... and the game will be decided by a lucky break going our way?

That could happen... but I’m just saying if we really are better in all 3 phases on Saturday then it wont come to that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77483 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Georgia/Auburn 3:30 p.m. CBS
Some have probably seen this video, referring to the "Thinking Out Loud clip, never hurts to review . . . .

Watching Auburn and TAM, Johnson had a lot of carries, limped off of the field later in the game. Pettway out, not a doubt in my mind that Gus will get every ounce of play out of Johnson. Our defense will hit you, understand that their defense will do the same. Big difference when one team has "several" running backs that can and will "bring it" with every touch. Somehow in my way of thinking(?) that is worth a point or two or more when comparing a particular area of the game.

Auburn no doubt has a very good defensive line, I do not accept their defensive backfield play as being all that. Just know what I see watching film and much of the game live against TAM.

I do like our offensive line play, especially since we are several games into the 2017 Season and this offensive line is as good as the Auburn offensive line. Probably better.

Little doubt in my mind that Auburn is going to see a lot of different looks especially on defense, cannot speak to the offensive side. Do know that their defensive line better show up, if not . . . .

Auburn is wide a** open to tight end play. Bank that one.

www.secsports.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77484 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Georgia/Auburn 3:30 p.m. CBS
Wart, I think talent wise, yes we are better in all 3... that doesn't mean we execute every game perfectly. Maybe being at home and still being in the running for the West gives them the motivation to play better...i didn't say one break would determine the game... I'm saying we need to fall on every fumble, catch every tipped pass we can, complete the pass if their defender slips, etc... breaks like that throughout the game... those are the breaks I was talking about, not just one at the end

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 5 months ago #77486 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Georgia/Auburn 3:30 p.m. CBS
I agree, but I think that is universally true.

Teams very rarely execute perfectly, and those things you mention are almost always the determining factors
between winning and losing within SEC games.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
6 years 5 months ago #77487 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Georgia/Auburn 3:30 p.m. CBS
Wart, im not sure what you're getting at... in this conversation you've said the better teams absolutely almost always win, then you say that breaks I've described determine practically every SEC game... but don't worry, I'm done with explaining it...even tho I don't know which side you're taking, I'll just agree that we'll disagree.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #77490 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Georgia/Auburn 3:30 p.m. CBS
Another test for our culture change is how well we fare against ranked opponents. 25-23 in the past 10 years. Is this a team that breaks under the pressure of these games, as we've seen so many times in the past, or is it a team that goes out and executes regardless of the opponent?

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds