Forum

GAME DAY: UGA VS FLORIDA

6 years 6 months ago #77305 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS FLORIDA
Exactly..ogredawg.....celebration tonight....back to work Monday...chopping wood doesn’t end in JAX

Back to work Monday....

However...this makes the evening Toddy extremely sweet......thank you coach Kirby and staff

Players.....focused..... coaching same

Listen....as the chapel bell ring long into the night.... understand which way we turned at the corner tonight....

Blessed to be a Dawg fan..........yup. ..Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77306 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS FLORIDA
Fess up..time. Large percentage of the nation is hammered....

Self included....

Somewhat difficult to wrap or heads around what just happened in JAX...

Ghost have been sent packing....

Muson is acknowledging the destruction of property.....rightly so....

Much has been made in the past about not keeping our foot on the throttle.. history....

Dawgs on top....

Enjoy the feeling... we have paid for it in spades.... Go Dawgs.... and...back to work on Monday...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Buc, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 6 months ago #77307 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS FLORIDA
Too out of it this evening to comment on the game. Will have to wait.

Until then...

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 6 months ago #77308 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS FLORIDA
Georgia's defensive ambush held Florida scoreless until its first touchdown in the final minutes of the game. In the first quarter, Georgia surrendered only two first downs to the Florida offense. Senior outside linebacker Lorenzo Carter steered the Georgia defense with nine tackles, followed by junior inside linebacker Roquan Smith with eight.

Remembering when Lorenzo Carter was being courted by almost every major program in the country and how so many of us were more than excited and relieved Lorenzo chose Georgia.

Believe that several factors can and have been pointed to since the hiring of a new staff and the results seen thus far. Without a doubt, in my mind anyway, this group of coaches have gotten down to brass tacks with the players, including the Seniors. Whether it is scheme(s) or staff, Carter is "playing SEC football" at a level many thought he would exhibit earlier in Athens. Don't get me wrong, that fact excites me, and it is a fact. After the game in JAX and games before JAX, it is evident that Carter has bought in. Playing the way he is, gives me some relief when thinking about the games ahead. Lorenzo Carter will be a high draft pick.

Needed win over the gators, lots of frowns down this way. There are some of us that are :) :) :) :) :) .

Get ready for the Gamecocks. They will play hard, also have a quarterback that is talented. Should be a happy day in Sanford when the Gamecocks arrive. Still have memories of SS and the folks from South Carolina doing a lot of chest bumping back in the day. Will be interesting to listen to and read what the Gamecocks have to say this week.

Back to work . . . . Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77309 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS FLORIDA
wiping my sleep out of my eyes and brewing some water in the kettle for the morning coffee.

So here's my game day redux and thoughts on where we are now at 8-0.

The first half of the game was pure X's & O's football, and Georgia stayed true to what got them to 7-0. It was power run, followed by power run, followed by power run, dotted with a necessary 3rd down completion. FU had no answer for 5 beast running backs at full strength all the time. A big kudos goes out to the offensive line, once again, playing up after being coached up. This o-line is light years from where it was against App State and Notre Dame. As bad as FU is, their defensive front is no pushover. It was the biggest front this o-line has seen all season and holes a'plenty were being opened for our backs. The defense wasn't giving them an inch, and as Buc said, it is clear they have bought in whole hog. The stops on 4th down were epic, the focus was locked in, and the pressure on the QB was there most of the game, except for a coupe errant downs when Zaire came in and they let him scramble. That, I believe, was the one weakness that was exposed in our defensive unit yesterday: we haven't had to deal with an effective running QB. The closest thing we came to it was Nick Fitzgerald and Miss State didn't commit to that strategy much during the game. This will have to be worked on because if we go the distance, we'll see it again when we play a team that isn't as hapless as FU was. But this game was beautiful from start to finish. It was precisely the game we knew we needed to play, the dominance we needed to exert, and we went in and did it.

Guys, how nice was it for us to go into a game the favorite against a team we should dominate, and go in and do it? Just another day of business for this program. I hate to throw the comparison out there, but look at what Miami did yesterday against an unranked UNC? Barely got out of there with a win. They're going to have their hands full with VTech and Notre Dame. I'm so glad those days are behind us with this coaching staff.

I can honestly say this was as bad as I've ever seen FU play. Hapless is the only word I can use to describe how awful that program is right now. Of course, I'm loving every second of it, but to see how that program has fallen is just startling. They were bad on a whole new level. They're in a horse race with FSU to see who has earned the mascot bust in the State of Florida football hall of shame. Unbelievably bad decision making by their QB (how many times did he just sling the football into open space to avoid the sack?), play calling by their coaching staff, listless energy in the game, a pathetic and inexcusable lack of discipline by their players and coach on and off the field has set their program back at least 3 seasons, assuming they fire Mac, which is almost assuredly coming.

This was the gateway guys, and we charged through it. NOW it gets real. 1st half of the season is in the rear view mirror and believe me, it gets much harder from this point forward. Georgia is going to be ranked #2 now, some pundits are even saying #1. They're going to be placed #2 in the CFP rankings on Tuesday, some pundits say #1.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-footba...otball-playoff-poll/

This is now when everything gets real. Auburn is going to be real. This is the grind, and with our rankings being what they are and will be, it's going to be that much more juicy for opponents to want to knock us off. It is going to demand a level of focus and hard work that dwarfs the work we've put in all season.

On to S. Carolina. Time to get back to work on Monday.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #77310 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: UGA VS FLORIDA
Lorenzo Carter leaving, I am wondering if Roquan Smith moves along also. No doubt that the NFL is aware of #3's talent(s). Crossed fingers that he returns for his Senior year, understanding the many thoughts and considerations that must be weighed. Roquan's leadership is evident, that alone is priceless.

Kirby upset with the #2's, understandable when looking at the amount of yardage given up when they entered the game. I am not so concerned with the gators getting on the board, just agree with Kirby that our attention to detail will be focused on in the coming practices. All part of the "process' eh . . . . ;)

Said earlier in the thread that winning by one(1) suits me, just win. Leadership would have no part of that, went into JAX with a "smack down attitude". Wonder what part new coaching staff had to do with that . . . . Not really throwing rocks, just recognizing what I have wanted for a very long time. Bet that McGarity is all smiles . . . .

EDIT: And this young man is all that.

www.georgiadogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1565
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds