Forum

From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23

6 years 10 months ago #76585 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23
Like Lamont taking claim to the middle of the OL....
You have spoke often about Wynn.....young man stepping up....big heart in the Dawg...

Posted earlier......use of the word nasty is being spoken about our OL....... they get to practice against

Some cream DL......makes both better......push..pull...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76586 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23
Gaillard dropped some weight, 310 or so to 288 now. Big difference when a highly recruited young man "knows" where he will play. Too much position swapping in the past, way too much in my opinion. Feel much better now knowing that Lamont Gaillard will spend two years snapping the ball. Young pup recruited as a defensive lineman, my opinion, went through "limbo" not knowing where he would dress out and play from the time he landed in Athens. Lamont has a great attitude and stands a very good chance of playing in the NFL, especially under the guidance of Sam Pittman for his Junior and Senior years in Athens.Lamont will fast become a "leader" for the talented young men that will find their way to play in the Classic City. Excellent move by the coaching staff. Fall camp will answer many "unanswered" questions about our offensive line. Bet this, Lamont Gaillard will get the attention of opposing defensive coordinators in 2017. Has been mentioned on this board many times, secure the center position, no different than a leader on the defensive side of the ball. Lamont Gaillard, big body, strong, smart, nasty. +1 for Sam Pittman.

:woohoo: Damn right, time to get excited when we see certain positions filled with talent. Gaillard is talented. Good on you young man.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76587 by Buc
Great get for Georgia. "Zeus" is all that both on and off the football field.

Never let it be said that Coach Dell McGee does not understand how to recruit. A solid coach and soon to be a solid student/athlete at Georgia.

Believe this will have a great effect on our recruiting program. What offensive lineman would not like to block for this young man.

More
6 years 9 months ago #76588 by Buc

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76589 by Buc
Not forgotten by this old dawg . . . . D'Andre Swift. Incredible talent, he wears the uniform to play, not sit. Again have to hope that Coach Pittman and others can continue to change the tone of offensive line "DEPTH" in Athens. Appears that some talented players are not afraid of competition.

Chubb and Michel this season, I believe they will make good on their choice to play the last year of their availability. Matter of fact, would bet both will have outstanding years.

Really liked the way that Zamir White approached the table with the caps, (decision time) did not hesitate or put on a performance, selected the "G" and that was that. Says a lot to me about his "makeup". Few words, his talent both on and off the field will make a lot of FANS smile.

And again this . . . . Tons of talent in Athens right now. As one member used to say, NO Excuses. Believe the Manning Camp will help Eason in 2017 . . . . big time. Still believe that Fromm will play, no redshirt. Jake has played against stiff high school competition and is a proven in my opinion.

Comes down to "Coaching" . . . . AGAIN.

www.prepforce.com/video/8820/2017-rb-d-a...ason-highlight-remix

EDIT: D'Andre reminds me a lot of Moreno. A lot. High compliment from where I sit. Still remembering Knowshon sitting out when he was the best running back at that time in Athens. "Coaching"? :whistle:

More
6 years 9 months ago #76590 by Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds