Forum

From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76591 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23
Read comments from Spurrier about Georgia being the media darling.

Interesting to me that Spurrier has returned to Florida. For sure he wanted to return earlier to Florida but Foley had other ideas, urban meyer. Stuck in Spurrier's craw, took a job in South Carolina. Had short time success, but in the end he departed the Gamecocks and left them with basically nothing. Reminded me of his "nothingness" as coach of the Redskins.

Bet this . . . . there will be some problems between Spurrier and Jim McElwain. Spurrier's nature to "stir the pot" will show its face in Gainesville, Florida.

Have mentioned on this board . . . . gators have a lot of talent and if we are not "prepared" to play there will be a lot of sad faces returning to Georgia. Still stand by wanting the game to be a home and home setup. ESPN will "never allow" that to happen. M&M pull a lot of weight, for sure they will get a great return on their money. Fox causing ESPN problems on the airwaves.

Keep building DEPTH, Coach'em Up and reward the FANS that have been shoved aside in my opinion by Mahogany Row.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #76592 by Buc
Another thought about a Spurrier comment . . . . and more.

"Certainly that Georgia job is one of the best in the country" . . . .

At some point, Georgia FANS need to be shown "appreciation". Those now running the program and those that came before them have always had their heads in the sand. Spend millions of dollars, but . . . . pissers overflowing. FANS sure appreciated that, great return on their investment in several areas of the Athletic Department, MONEY.

Will Smart and Company change the "direction" of our football team "on the field"? Recruiting has improved, but it is not like we have not had great talent prior to this group of coaches. As many or more Georgia players in the NFL Top 100 than any other university. Why is it that we send more talent to the NFL than most? NFL scouts recognize talent and know that they will be utilized to show their talent(s).

One thing recognizable with the coaching change is in recruiting. Have heard it said that this group of coaches do not have to be shoved out of their offices, they know that both sides of the team have to be studied and worked on when recruiting. Going to be interesting to see how many more young men choose UGA in the 2018 Class. Feel sure that there are others that have committed silently, same thing that Zamir White did with Kirby Smart and I would bet Dell McGee.

Comes down to coaching, eh . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

More
6 years 9 months ago #76593 by Buc
DAWGtm, appreciate your Thank You. There is a lot going on concerning Georgia Football. Guess I have come to the conclusion that I reached a long time back. Reading beats posting. Going to strap that on, see if the pads fit. Thank you again.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago #76594 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23
Just speaking for myself Buc I enjoy reading your post if I was half as knowledgeable as you I would post more. Your copy is a lot better than most rags out there. Thanks for sharing
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds