Forum

From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76579 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Worth mentioning again....really good move to give contract extension to Coach McDell...

His roots to High School football extremely valuable.....players relate to him... he speaks and listens

Their language..... truly believe HC draws on Coach McDell HS background..... I see him as the

NCO on staff....grounded in real facts....not fluff and egos.....his or anybody else's....

Just have a feeling the CKS learned from CNS as well as his Dad....always have a plan "B" .....well

Before you ever have to use it..... make a bet HC is one who promotes from within... Year three will

See upper tier staff changes regardless of our record...

Word I am getting off campus....serious back channel recruiting being done by players already here

From Sicem17..... same guys that put together 2017 hard at work for 2018.... I see a major shift

How Dawgs our branding themselves.... yes we all have heard these songs before....leadership and

Team chemistry....... we expected AM to return for his senior year.... didn't with NC and SM...

They're here because they want to be.... many veterans on the team have to come to understand

If you are not the lead dog on the sled....the view never changes..... they understand also..

It doesn't mean diddley squat unless it shows up on the field in wins.... fact..... lights staying on late

At the IPF.. happy arrival of summer 2017....

Hey Greg....shout out to you and your bro's..... thanks for all you do..

Humidity Festival continues... lawn needs cutting....joy..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week...

As always "Go Dawgs "!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76580 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23
Credit the video below to Dean Legge.

Aaron Murray traveled the same route, spent time at the Manning Camp. Did not sit well with Bobo/Richt.

Look now for some improvements "learned" that not all coaches understand when it comes to quarterbacks looking for that "extra boost" to improve their time and chances in the NFL. Good move by Jacob Eason. Manning Camp carries a lot of weight when it comes to young talent they believe have a solid chance of playing in the league. Pro Scouts also like seeing young men at this camp, proves they want to be more game ready when they choose to leave college football.

From where I sit, Eason is gone after Junior year. Believe this also improves Fromm's chances of playing time sooner rather than later. My opinion.

Looking forward to a big year in 2017 Jacob Eason.

www.scout.com/college/georgia/story/1787...fills-lifelong-dream
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76581 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23
Two things I am hearing about Jacob Eason....

He has gained confidence.....he can play in the SEC.....

Reading defenses......has better idea were he wants to go with the ball....

Agree.....great move attending Manning camp..... investment....

Don't hear current coaches saying anything negative.....also a good sign....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76582 by Buc
Seems Las Vegas has Auburn beating the good guys by 10 points.

Trying really hard to work those numbers out, best I can do . . . .

Home field advantage (supposedly) recent past does not bear that out.

The only area that I can question is the offensive line. Might be that the offensive line for UGA will "finally" surprise many that have been disappointed for too long.

They have running backs, so do we . . . . also UGA has serious depth at the running back position.

Quarterback . . . . I would point that in the direction of UGA as a +1 or +2.

Maybe it comes down to coaching, usually does. Have never been a fan of Gus and his efforts as a "head coach". He was all that when Chizik was there and Auburn had quarterback of the decade.

Pat Dye, former UGA player recently pointed out that there are some holes in the Auburn game. Meaning they could not compete over a long period with Alabama. If I were Kirby Smart and Company would surely lock onto that. Yes, I know that we are not on the same level as Alabama . . . . who the heck is over the past 10 years?

What bothers me a lot about Georgia Football is the fact that the previous coaching staff allowed Clemson to pass us. That is without a doubt a point in Clemson's favor. Still comes down to the "overall process". Several in the ACC passed us and that has been a serious point of contention with me. I hope that Smart and Company can stop the bleeding.

Coaching will be the main point of conversation in 2017 on most boards. My opinion.

One last thought . . . . I am hoping that our kicking/punting game explodes in the right direction . . . . That would be the SEC kicking/punting games of past years, many years back.

;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago #76583 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday Thoughts June 23
Buc...agree that point spread is a tad generous.....see it moving down as season progresses..

Agree...Gus Bus has not run smoothly and spends a great deal of time on the jack stands..

See our defense being as advised...... agree also that "O" line will surprise favorably....see young

Uglies playing early....like speed....size...doesn't need a very steep learning curve....big guys

Can develop run blocking early on.... just take your man and put him three rows deep in the stands..

Our backs know what to do from there.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76584 by Buc
yankeedawg1, glad that #53 Lamont Gaillard is "showing out" at the center position. Supposedly in the Spring he really impressed Sam Pittman and others with his play and knowledge of the position. So damn important. Really looking forward to our next center playing for Coach Sam. Firmly believe and know it takes more than one year together on the offensive line to accomplish what some FANS think should happen. More I look at what is happening in Athens as opposed to the last few years, gives me some time to smile. Say again, Jacob Eason's stock moved to a higher level with me when it was announced that he was attending the Manning Camp. Young man knows that he has to get "totally involved" in the game of football as it will be played not only in the SEC, but the next level. Jacob Eason had a high school "career" that did not prepare him for the area he is in now and shooting for in the future. Have to tip my hat to Eason, he stepped out, much was expected, maybe too much. Again going with ogredawg's earlier comment about Jacob Eason . . . . he is our quarterback. That being said, Fromm will in my opinion get more playing time than some expected. Fromm will not start in his Freshman year, he will get some valuable playing time, makes the future bright for FANS like myself.

www.hudl.com/profile/2018903/jacob-eason

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/jak...ighlights/vp-BBAOLph

www.hudl.com/profile/596569/sam-vaughn

Watched Sam Vaughn play in high school, this young man is very good. Have mentioned that before. Will run in a "bird dog minute". Arm is strong as can be seen in the video.

Soooooooooooo much talent in Athens . . . . continue to scratch my head. Some coaches can, some can't. Some players can some can't. If ever Sam Vaughn had to enter a game for the Red and Black, fear not, young man can play. Long video, check it out.

:)

EDIT: The video above showing Sam Vaugn's high school talents worked for me, now seems I have to move down to another video, all is good, take a look. Talented young man, more ways than one. DUAL THREAT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds