Forum

Thoughts

6 years 10 months ago #76564 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts
yd1, I continue to watch the commits for 2018. This old dawg believes that 2018 commits are incredibly important pertaining to UGA Football in the future. Not one or two years, solid recruiting and "responsive coaching" have a place in moving our program further up the ladder than we have had . . . . maybe ever.

Have had many conversations since the Tide physically beat us in the second half of the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta. Talent wise, even though we were getting a bit ragged, AM and those around him believed we/they could still win. In my mind and it will always remain there . . . . coaching staff did not and were not "prepared". Film of the game explains just how much "leadership" meant with a group of players that did not have "sideline leadership". FACT.

Now we face off with Notre Dame at their place in 2017. Some in the media suggest a "second chance". Really? Media likes to say that Georgia would have beaten Notre Dame for the Championship in College Football that year. One problem . . . . coaching "failed" the Red and Black, not the players. Have been around our team for several years, say again, always had talent in Athens, missing link . . . . Coaching.

Notre Dame win is a "must". Notre Dame understands that it is a must game for Georgia. Comes down again to "coaching". Again, this old dawg knows we have superior playing talent. After games like Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Florida and lesser college football teams . . . . guess it again comes down to "Coaching". That is exactly the way I see it.

yankeedawg1, agree that the Indoor Practice Facility will make a difference in the "long run" . . . . however, as someone that has been around UGA Football for a while, not buying into the "long run". Right now in UGA Football History, have to sweep the past and play to "potential".

Some won't like this but . . . . the gators have not gone to sleep. Said many years ago, would still like to see the Georgia/Florida Game scheduled as a home and home. Never happen, why? All about the money and now M&M are "firmly in control". FACT.

Looking past the first game on our schedule . . . . YES. If I can't do that and look at Notre Dame, time for me to stop looking at our Roster and the "opponents" roster. Forget recruiting and for damn sure forget the "Star Ratings" or as some of my friends refer to them . . . . "Click advancers". Truth.

;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 10 months ago #76565 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thoughts
Really don't like to put all the season on one game....BUT.....

We stunk it up far to many times when we just need to take care of business when we should have..

Say this ......have the feeling that both players and coaches have reached being mission driven this

Season.. as you noted correctly Buc.... #'s. 27 & 1 didn't return to pass block....leadership....

Ask yourself besides HC who's next on staff that has a success record ..... CSP.... OL....

One word..... improved...... he's teaching nasty.....has the players who understand the meaning of the word...

Two RB's that we have....just what a growing OL needs to gain confidence.. uglies ....show up...

Go Dawgs!

More
6 years 10 months ago #76566 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Thoughts
Saw a prediction on wins for UGA today was 9-3 losing to ND, Vols. and Aubuurn. 9-3 not going to cut it, just don't see us losing more than 1 and that is to Aubuurn, lacking that coach on the field over the past several years imho

thecountrynation.com

More
6 years 10 months ago #76567 by Buc
Think I probably read the same article ogredawg. Believe we should win at least two of the three games you mention. Auburn not unlike Georgia has this thing against a certain team . . . . us. We have what appears to be the same problem with the gators. Just feel like the gators are not to be overlooked in 2017. Lots of athletes playing football these days. Better high school facilities and the media advantages for the young men are drawing more and more to play the game. Comes down to which coaches can "reach" the talent both mentally and physically as pointed out above. Apparently Nick Saban has the "formula".

yd1, seems we are the last to learn sometimes, maybe too many times. Say this again . . . . Richt has done a 180 degree turn since arriving in Miami. Looked into his past and hired an offensive line coach that he released while coaching in Athens. Big mistake from where I sit.

www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml...700&ATCLID=210637290

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 10 months ago #76568 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Thoughts
Aubuurn is the only team that really matches up with us talent wise. Think Gus is actually going to field a good team this year.

We have to get that gator off our backs and this is the year to start doing just that. Think they are over rated just like the Vols were last year.

thecountrynation.com

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #76576 by Buc
Really like the pay raise and extension on Coach McGee's contract. Probably should not say this but . . . . Makes me believe that the hard work that Dell has done since coming to UGA is paying off. Have to believe that "Zeus" will choose the Georgia Cap. If so, Coach Dell McGee is the force behind this recruit. Coach Dell McGee has a bright future ahead.

Also appears that Coach Smart is trying to keep this group of coaches together, no short timers. Positive step when looking back at some "hires and fires". For sure many recruits do not want to see the coach that recruited them leaving for other teams.

vimeo.com/160248159

www.hudl.com/video/3/4620716/5721c426041ddc1b005a0744

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/ge...cgee-longer-contract

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds