Forum

Thoughts

6 years 9 months ago #76558 by Buc
Thoughts was created by Buc
Having spent some time looking at what we (UGA) have on our Football Roster, looking at every team that we face in 2017 . . . . going to repeat a remark that I made some months back.

Have some problems when I look at the players recruited by the previous head coach along with the young pups that jumped on board in the arrival of Kirby Smart. See and hear more now about the players that we want to sign their LOI's. What happened to the names of those that I still see on the Roster and apparently do not "register playing time" when it comes to Saturdays?

Did the previous coaches miss entirely when recruiting . . . . position recruiting? Have always spent a lot of time looking at our offensive line. I look at our Roster and see many names that remain and were supposedly being "chased" by many D1 Universities.

Hear more about the young men that we "want" than those that we "have". I think about that, do you?

I sincerely believe that Georgia Football has been neglected by those that probably never wore a shoulder pad in their lives.

Comes a time when folks like myself and others either have to accept "certain criteria" or . . . . I prefer the "or".

Going again with ogredawg. Looking at the past years, and "trying" to get a foothold on 2017.

While I have no doubts that Kirby Smart will be in Athens more than a couple of years, I have been on that "path" since the 1950's. UGA has become a "fashion plate". Loads of talent in the State, not as much talent in "numbers" as the State of Florida, but close.

Comes down to coaching, not young pups being recruited and not reaching their potential. Have spent the off time since the 2016 Season trying to "reason" why we lost the games that we did . . . . anyone that reads this board that pays close attention might come up with the same reason that I have, maybe not . . . . All about the coaches. Every team in the SEC has "talent", not many have as much "talent" as UGA.

Still have a problem understanding what the heck has gone on with Special Teams for . . . . YEARS. Still looking for a punter and kicker. Really?

Add this . . . . I will have problems if our defense is outstanding in 2017 and our offense with all of that talent does not produce. What will the excuse be? It is Kirby Smart's job as head coach to "fit the parts" on the coaching staff. Has he done that? Did Mark Richt ever do that? Just thoughts.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76559 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Thoughts
All the talent in the world won't do you any good if you can't get them working as a unit. OC last year same old stuff round hole square peg. No excuses will cover him this year. We had players that turned down millions to come back for this season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 9 months ago #76560 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thoughts
DAWGTm...Totally again we can have all the talent in the universe...but if they are not coached to play as a team.....success will be limited

With the previous HC and staff it was chaos by committee...... the only member of his staff that

Went on to have a measure of success before CJP was Brian V... or did I miss someone?

That being the case..... as posted before rather be in year two of CKS than year 16 of CMR...

Feels to me like we have been digging for gold for 15 years with very little to show for it other than

A large pile of red Georgia clay and an empty hole.... we moved were we were digging and have

A new HC and staff..... gives reason for us too be skeptical......hmmmmm

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
6 years 9 months ago #76561 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts
More to say tomorrow, DAWGtm. Good post.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #76562 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thoughts
Little doubt in my mind that we (UGA) will be running the football. Chubb and Michel did not return to be pass protectors. Not that they won't, but that is not the primary reason for their return. Offensive line improvement can accomplish several positive things for the team, one of which is giving Eason time to "read". Gathering everything I can about Eason, supposedly he is now ready to compete at the quarterback position in the SEC. At this point in time, the single biggest issue for us in 2017 is a competitive offensive line, my opinion. I look at our Roster and see a lot of names that have OL listed by their name. Understandable that not every recruit is going to be all that, just have problems with too many pursued athletes that seem to fall by the wayside.

DAWGtm, even with the best offensive line in the country, good defenses catch on quickly to an offensive coordinators "play calling habits". Yes, it becomes a "habit", I witnessed that in 2016 from our coordinator. Also can pull up many posts from previous years where folks on this board were in conflict with Bobo's play calling "habits".

If Georgia falls short of 10 wins in 2017, I will have a hard time understanding why we only had 10 wins. I do not see a single game on the 2017 Schedule that we are not able to win against. 10 wins seems to be the rallying cry of those that still miss the previous coaching staff. With a schedule like the one we have in 2017, ten wins might get us a game in Memphis.

;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 9 months ago #76563 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thoughts
As we approach July I expect the heads to start ramping up their noise about how good

We are going to be... while HC will do his best to cool expectations....aka coach speak..

Agree we will be run first team.......look at our last bowl game....hammer for three quarters and

Run game lights up late third and fourth quarter......have some size on OL and depth...rotation will

Keep up with having fresh legs with our RB's......opens passing game..... agree JE will

Be more settled at QB..... word from campus.... many players working on their own.... IPF ...

Paying benefits already....thanks again CJP..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds