Forum

College Football Recruiting/New Rule Interesting

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #76483 by Buc
Agree it is time to stop the fireside chats.

McGarity said to Mark Richt . . . . close out or shut out all of the outside interference, regardless from where it originates. That was soon after the AD recognized the simple fact that the head coach was not accomplishing what was needed with the talent level on board (aided by the FANS). That was the AD recognizing the "butts in the seats missing", prior to M&M changing the cash flow in Athens and the SEC.

All one has to do is look at McGarity's hiring practices since saying to Richt that he should "focus" on football. Another five years passed and . . . . what?

AD now has to face up to the fact that UGA is slipping not making our way up the ladder. Change that . . . . AD does not face up to the fact that UGA is in the same position that he "schooled" Richt on soon after returning to Athens.

When I look at the overall, usually comes back to this for me . . . . Mahogany Row is the "main culprit". They are no different than the AD, they hired McGarity . . . . why? Someone has to be the "front person" and take the hard licks. I also keep this "fact" in mind . . . . Greg McGarity carried Jeremy Foley's water for 18 years. McGarity is not a leader, his record in Athens speaks for itself. Again, have said this before and mean no ill will . . . . AD is a "number cruncher", athletics, that is why he spent 18 years in Gainesville, Florida as a bottom feeder.

One Half Million Dollars + a year for what . . . . addressed to the "silent group" . . . . Mahogany Row.

Folks, wrong person for the job. Many liked the idea of McGarity when first hired . . . . thought he would be a plus for Georgia . . . . not the first time in my life that I have been this far off. That my friends is close to 77 years. Witnessed a lot of football in Athens, have said before . . . . the "turnover" is not complete with the release of Mark Richt.

Good Day :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 11 months ago #76484 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic College Football Recruiting/New Rule Interesting
Two choices..... you can be part of the problem...or....be part of the solution....we know

Where Scrooge sits.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
6 years 11 months ago #76485 by Wartdawg
Well my words here and in other places around Dawgnation haven't been receiving too many "likes" lately.

'Tis okay.. the truth often hurts.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
6 years 11 months ago #76486 by Buc
Seldom over several years have you and I disagreed Wartdawg. Can only speak for "one" . . . . Believe you and I are probably on the same page now, somewhere around 90% or so if I were playing percentages.

Also believe that many of the folks that posted once upon a time are now excited about the Falcons and other professional teams they support.

Usually I find that a "handful" of posters get down into the weeds, seems most want to comment on Saturday action. Nothing wrong with that, just appears that way to me. What is going on behind the practice field(s) says a lot about where we are and . . . . why we are where we are. My opinion.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
6 years 10 months ago #76570 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic College Football Recruiting/New Rule Interesting
The AD understands that "those who divide us" is a simile for "those who will get my ass fired." Public opinion at the State's best University system carries tremendous weight. At some point, questions will get asked about why there is so much divisiveness, and the trail will lead to the AD's door. Perhaps the "public" nature of those comments is a tacit way of showing those in power that it's on his plate, that he's working on it. But, ultimately, it's about covering ass when you are so evidently unfit for the position you hold.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #76571 by Buc
“Well, I was very much in favor when the decision was made and when the search was going on as to who was going to be the AD,” Dooley said of McGarity. “He had great experience at Florida and was very successful there and he was a Georgia boy and he lived here and knew everything there was to know about us. So I was in favor of him getting the job and was very happy for him. And I think he’s done a lot of good things.”

Lifted the above paragraph from the article below.

Could say several things about the comment, will "start" with this . . . .

VD, Erk was the most qualified person to replace you as head coach . . . . still with the "coach speak" and "good old boy" methods, eh. You fooled a lot of folks when you were both coach and athletic director. Explanation is perfectly laid out in the italicized paragraph above as to why Mahogany Row is made up of the "good old boys". FANS recognize BS has been handed down for far too long in the Classic City.

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/vi...ht-loves-kirby-smart
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds