Forum

Change

7 years 2 months ago #76258 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Change
CKS rolled the dice. He took young, motivated potential rather than proven experience.

Advantages: (1) should be loyal to CKS, (2) recruiting drive and connection, (3) personal connections with players
Disadvantages: (1) needs to earn respect, fast, (2) sparse track record, (3) has not proven he can do it in the bigs.

But CKS has proven he can run NC defense for many years. I figure he knows what he's doing on that end until he proves otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #76259 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Change
Rockdawg. ...exactly...HC was once a young coach lacking experience....found his mentor

Truly believe that CNS benefited having a young coach to groom.... few bad habits to change..

I see the wheel coming around..CKS.. turn.....

CTR.....left a we'll filled pantry..... thanks Coach Rock...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76260 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Change

rockdawg wrote: CKS rolled the dice. He took young, motivated potential rather than proven experience.

Advantages: (1) should be loyal to CKS, (2) recruiting drive and connection, (3) personal connections with players
Disadvantages: (1) needs to earn respect, fast, (2) sparse track record, (3) has not proven he can do it in the bigs.

But CKS has proven he can run NC defense for many years. I figure he knows what he's doing on that end until he proves otherwise.

rockdawg, read your post more than once.

If there was not a reason for "change", my problem goes something like this . . . .

Why are the folks that we often line up against on Saturday's winning National Championships? Clemson being the latest. There is a long list and Alabama is not the only one.

Many of those since the 1980's winning the "Trophy" have had many, and I mean many players from the State of Georgia on their teams.

Not like we have not had talent on our teams since the last National Championship.

Seems to me most of the talk about our failings can be traced back to a lack of leadership. Reading many posts around the internet, still read some of the "stuff" that has been a prime factor in other universities not only beating us with players from Georgia, they seem to understand "organization" and the end result(s) in leadership and organization.

Going to say this . . . . Tracy Rocker is gone. Going with Kirby Smart's "organization and leadership" thoughts. Some of the "stuff" I have read on the internet, all over Kirby Smart. Some are posting that he either wins big in 2017 or we should hire another leader. Stupid spit. Much of this "appears" to be coming from the "Bleeding Hearts".

Have no facts to back this up but . . . . I have believed since Tracy Rocker was not named Defensive Coordinator he was ready to walk.

There are a lot of coaches that understand offensive and defensive coaching, especially at the college level. Not many secrets on that point. From where I sit, you cannot do "most" or a "lot" of your job from your office.

Simple fact . . . . you have the players "invested" in the program, you stand a very good chance of making the "Final Four". We have players, many returning on the defense, many on the offense, right back to the coaching thingy.

Looking forward to 2017, will be a trying time for Smart and Company.

Go Dawgs, Coach Them Up . . . . ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 months ago #76261 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Change
At this point if I were guessing about coaching changes . . . . would not have been Rocker. Time has a way of producing a level playing field. Money these coaches are making, along with the talent that "some or many" have to work with . . . . no excuses. Top to bottom.

Again . . . . How or why is it that we watch the universities around us either in the Final Four or finishing on top?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds