Forum

Change

7 years 2 months ago #76226 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Change
Alabama hand drill looks much the same as the technique being taught by Coach Scott while at UNC. Not many secrets in college or the pros. Comes down to what a coach wants to do to improve the talent on hand.

Will be interesting to see how Scott does on the recruiting trail and with the group now in Athens. Do not believe he would have been brought onboard if the coaching talent was missing. Move gives Smart total control. Ball is in his court entirely. No excuses accepted and do not believe Kirby Smart will make excuses. Talent resides in Athens, serious improvement is "expected".

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #76227 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Change
HC..... has a process he is following....gathering players and coaches to further the process...

With the speed this took place think it was in the works for awhile....

Think HC. Had. His mind made up without driving back from Atlanta on 316. Hmmmm,

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76228 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Change
If the process at UGA is to downgrade from Rocker to Scott time will tell the tale. His DL was unimpressive at UNC gave up a lot of yards on the ground, Baylor put 700 yards of total offense against that D a lot of it on the ground.

Rocker is not known to stay long at the places that hire him, but this is UGA and we could do a lot better in hiring than his replacement IMHO, maybe it was a dollar issue and Scott was the cheaper choice, we all know the AD is tight fisted with the $$$$ lol.

I know I know trust the "process" but we are not Alabama.

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 2 months ago #76229 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Change
We know that Bama's process skipped a beat this season....ask Clemson....

I am not beating against CNS getting his process back on track to make another run.... at the NC..

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76230 by Buc
Easy enough to look at schedules and scores.

Was mentioned on this board at the beginning of 2017, end of 2016 there were thoughts that Tracy Rocker "seemed" to be less energetic than some of the other coaches. That could come from age, not satisfied with surroundings and coaching staff.

There are cases of coaches leaving the NFL and returning to college football not being able to adapt to spending a lot of time on the road. You apply for the job, do the job. Gets to be too much, find your place in football.

"One" of the main reasons Georgia slipped dramatically over the recent past (since 2005/2006) was the failure of the coaching staff to do the road work. Last head coach made living room visits after the road work was accomplished by someone else. Fact. That has changed dramatically since he became head coach at Miami. Got a damn wake up call when he was not given "one more year" in Athens. Anyone that reads this board knows that I have nothing for McGarity, for whatever that is worth, but the one thing he did do was hire a head coach that does not know what his "office space" looks like, I buy into that.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #76231 by Buc
Continuing on the hire of Tray Scott . . . .

This will be a UGA Football Coach that "I" will pay close attention to . . . . reason being . . . . or one reason . . . . how well Tray Scott does on the recruiting trail from now until such time things change or remain the same.

One thing that I believe deeply about Coach Kirby Smart are the "relationships" he has made during his time coaching both college and pro football. Many of us know that he played as hard as anyone when wearing the uniform.

Any "peddler" knows that living out of a bag is an extremely tough thing to do, especially when doing that for years, not a year or shorter. That separates many of the coaches in the NFL and College when it comes to living up to the absolute requirements of the "JOB". Yes it is a "JOB" in college football, college football is deeply entrenched this day and time in the business world. Won't go into IMG and other "factors", will say this . . . . anyone now believe that M&M made a bad investment when shoveling out some cash for the rights to "control" the SEC? M&M laughed all the way to the bank for spending the "pennies" and gaining control.

Not many on this board or others wanted to participate in "posting" when the "Mice" were removing the "cheese" from the traps, putting happy faces on the group that knew what a coup they had accomplished.

It was a major coup when M&M got the SEC to sign that winning contract . . . . a huge win for those flashed zeroes and those that were "blinded by zeroes". It is called the "PROCESS" by those that control both college and pro football. Contract remains for . . . . years.

As always, venture off of the topic, but . . . . that is what I do and will continue to do.

Buc LOVES UGA and that is a constant. Old enough to see through the "fog".

Tray Scott, welcome to Athens, again I think . . . . ;)

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds