Forum

Change

7 years 2 months ago #76214 by yankeedawg1
Change was created by yankeedawg1
Much has been shared here about changes to our football program...

Being reported that Tracy Rocker has left our program....
No further details at this time...

I liked Coach Rock......

Me thinks other coaching changes will be coming soon ....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76215 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Change

yankeedawg1 wrote: Much has been shared here about changes to our football program...

Being reported that Tracy Rocker has left our program....
No further details at this time...

I liked Coach Rock......

Me thinks other coaching changes will be coming soon ....

Go Dawgs

Any idea on "others" yd1?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 months ago #76216 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Change
Feel it will be support staff shuffling around as a result of other changes taking place up

The coaching food chain.... think CNS is getting bad press for being a hard ass to work for..

If that's true how did CKS survive nine seasons.... ???

As always keep my ear close to the ground.....

Seems Coach Rock had a peeing contest with Solomon's momma.... IMHO.....we did well

Having him choose Michigan....just a bad vibe ..... kinda like Josh Harvey Clemons......

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #76217 by Buc
Short time back on this board there was some talk about Smart getting settled in and what the effects of that would be in Athens. Believe we got an answer to the "talk".

There remains one coach on Smart's staff that coached for the previous head coach, Kevin Sherrer. Sherrer and Smart spent time together in Tuscaloosa, so it appears those that remain on Kirby's staff are "his" choices. This is now Kirby Smart's team.

Regardless of the "reason" Tracy Rocker left, he will coach elsewhere.

The energy that Smart has shown since taking over as the leader in Athens is real. Looking at past history, Smart's opening statements when he arrived were clear . . . . came to work and get the UGA program where it should be.

Believe the message has been sent, and it is a clear message, come to work and produce.

Personally hope all goes well for Tracy Rocker, he is a heck of a grass roots teacher.

One last thing about Sherrer . . . . only way he leaves is because he wants to leave. No one is outworking Kevin Sherrer, that includes Kirby Smart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 2 months ago #76218 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Change
Agree Buc... Kirby continues to work his process... vibes that seem to be out there the most

Was CTR didn't enjoy recruiting much like Towel who also was a non factor recruiting..

Tracy much better teacher..... Spot on with everyone works around our HC..... or they disappear.

Me thinks they resumes are stacking up on CKS desk...

Tracy will find a new job quickly....... think the NFL...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 2 months ago #76219 by Buc
Read elsewhere that Rocker and Solomon's Mom maybe had a "face off", as you mentioned above.

With coaching salaries at such a high level these days, stands to reason that many more "coaching hats" are being tossed into the ring. Notice that David Pollack might entertain coaching in a few years. One thing for sure, the money will be there . . . . as has been mentioned here previously, college football is a "business". Little doubt about that comment.

Recruiting is the name of the game. Towel left Georgia, now he has departed Louisville for apparently the same reason . . . . wants the money that comes with coaching. His recruiting at both universities was conducted behind his desk.

Many solid coaches on both sides of the ball that are more than willing to fill the vacancies. Competition for top level coaching jobs in D1 Football is and will continue to be as competitive as players trying to get playing time at the more successful football universities.

Hines Ward is another UGA Football Player that has said more than once that he would like to enter the coaching ranks. Do not know when that will happen, however I think it might be sooner than some might think.

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds