Forum

From Athens-Friday thoughts

7 years 3 months ago #76067 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts
This is a good read, my opinion.

No longer do I have to "totally" believe that football cannot be changed in one or two years.

When I read articles like the one below, gives me pause to "think".

ogredawg called Coach Jim Chaney out soon after watching the Red and Black snap the ball in 2016. Hard to disagree with what he posted.

Fully understand that Coach Chaney was a "hire". 2017 will be and should be a year to answer questions.

Cannot help myself . . . . would like to see Coach James Coley running our offense if changes are made. Coach Coley not only understands offensive football, he understands how to attack defensive schemes.

Know this also . . . . Coach Coley is a big time recruiter in the State of Florida. When we have 25 scholarships each season, James Coley will without fail pull talent from the Sunshine State. Kirby understands that . . . . otherwise Jim Coley is not a coach in Athens. Coach Coley is "solid" in South Florida.

Expect to see some "movement" between Chaney and Coley when it comes to "Tight End" play become more pronounced in 2017.

Add this . . . . an "offensive line" can change the way football is played in the SEC, especially the "Eastside of the SEC". As far as winning the SEC Championship in Atlanta", that is another story . . . . Coach Saban still resides in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Have to say this one more time, think I have posted it three or four times . . . . I hope that somehow we can sign Tedarrell Slaton. Young man has his head screwed on tight. Tedarrell is smart, and a solid piece of the puzzle to make our defense become awesome. I have a very close friend that teaches at American Heritage, mentions that Tedarrell is a gentleman, and when Friday nights roll around, he is a warrior. Most say that he will end up playing for the gators, hope not. Slaton along with the talent in Athens, not a front that running backs like to go against.

Fully believe that Tedarrell Slaton will play on the defensive line. Care less about his ranking on the offensive line.
Hoping this is "one of the reasons" that our kicker has not been put on scholarship. Everything in its own time. Do not why but do believe that Tedarrell Slaton will play college football in Athens. Defense will be the best we have had when this group has come time together. Me Thinks. Cannot remember wanting a player more than Slaton.

Go Dawgs . . . . Sony Michel there is a reason that you are returning to the Classic City, hope that reasoning rubs off on Tedarrell Slaton. A decision that he will never regret. I am one of those that believes that we have one of the "premier defensive line coaches" in college football.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76068 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts
I know I am repeating myself.....however really like where we are this early in the process..

Not wins or losses...but first order of business lock down the state borders in recruiting...Then

reach out to bordering states...then look nationwide...... OT from Brooklyn insane....

I see 2018 trending the same way...... high interest by many currently in HS about the buzz

happening in Athens..... firmly believe selective and purposefull recruiting is step one in the process.

Show of hands....who would predict we would be ahead of OSU and second only to Bama...

This in the first year....... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76069 by Buc
yankeedawg1, if we win a lot of games, against some of the better competition, some or several of the 2017 recruits get playing time, agree with what you said above . . . . going to have another good recruiting year. Many young men are willing and know that selecting to play in Tuscaloosa might call for some restraint, regardless of the numbeer of stars by their names. They want to play, play in games like the one on Monday night. Base has been built by Saban for many years now . . . . phrase used by Alabama . . . . reload not rebuild.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #76072 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts
People tend to focus so much on the negative comments that they don't even hear it when the positive comments are made. Much like people focus on the negative and continue to bring up certain comparisons with Nick Saban's first season without even acknowledging that the differences in those comparisons was addressed multiple times.

That's all I have to say about that.

Yes... our recruiting has been fantastic. People here were concerned about some of our coaching changes because of the possible negative effect it would have on recruiting, but that was obviously unfounded. I am ecstatic over what Smart has been able to do in that regard, but everyone will have to pardon me if I do not make bold predictions about what it all means. My days of believing the hype are over. Done. Finis.

I will believe when I see results on the field. Not a one of these guys has played a down of collegiate level football and not a one has taken the field after being coached by our coaches.

If and when however, playoffs and NC's are decided during the off-season... then we are champions.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 3 months ago #76073 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts
Well said Wart well said

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 3 months ago #76074 by Buc
Could very well be wrong, correct me if I am.

What I read on this board, if we are talking "this board", I read more members expressing "hope" more than anything else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds