Forum

From Athens-Friday thoughts

7 years 3 months ago #76051 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Friday thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Friday's bps will be a afternoon edition this week.... still mulling...... need coffee

Be back with it shortly..... Go Dawgs.....

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76054 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts
Good Morning All again,

I am In the process of shifting mind gears from season mode to the months ahead of no football. I am forced as others to watch the NFL which gets more absurd each season.

It has been a hell of a week in our recruiting for 2017. Another weekend of opportunity to have more players commit to the “G”…. a very good thing..

IMHO not enough can be said about how our HC and his staff have taken Georgia to a level we have not seen if ever in recruiting…

First the nay sayers said he won’t do well selling UGA’s program as he did with Bama…. Next …. Quality of players will be less… then it won’t matter as the recruits won’t develop to a contender…..

Sorry you can’t jump to the end of the process of a NC without doing all the steps in between…. Simple but overlooked to often….

Just a well done and thanks to all who took part in taking our recruiting to the next level….

Proof again that bad news sells over good …. Not near the outpour of positive comments about our recruiting as there we negative ones about out season…. Again… I was also disappointed about our record however if back in August a offer of a 10 win season and a loss in the SECG… and a better bowl game vs the number 2 recruiting class for 2017…… and…. We were able to recruit to fill our needs plus build quality depth…. I would have taken the recruiting…. This group and class of 2018 will improve the W-L numbers for several upcoming years….

Why do I say that…. Yes it’s not a for sure thing… however it matches the Bama process of building with quality recruiting… puts us in a better position to move forward and improve our program.

Sidebar on our Kicker’s parents comments on their sons lack of a scholarship..
Any of us who have coached youth sports have had the pleasure of
Dealing with similar parent challenges…. Buc said it best…

Mom-Dad…… zip it !!!!

To his credit.. son did also….

Given enough time..things have a way of working themselves out..

Athens is preparing for the blizzard of 2017…

I will join the crazy crowds at Publix shortly… joy !!!

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “ Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #76055 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts
yankeedawg1, good read on recruiting. The article below has some things to say about our 2017 Recruits.

Slaton is a player that I am somewhat familiar with. Comes from South Florida, American Heritage. Same school that produced Sony Michel and Isaiah McKenzie. Will not be surprised to see Slaton sign on with Georgia. He is an offensive lineman that many believe will be even better on the defensive line. If Slaton selects UGA, our defensive line will be getting a very good football player. Many talented players in the Plantation, Florida area.

247sports.com/Article/Army-All-American-...rs-Thursday-50313261

And this . . . . Coach James Coley is a huge hire for Kirby Smart. Coley covers South Florida as a respected coach, and a very good offensive mind. Coley will mean as much to Jacob Eason as any offensive coach in Athens. Coach Coley would be a very good offensive coordinator. Just thinking outside of the box. :whistle:

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/...s_coley_1000245.html

Weather going to be a major problem across some Southern States, stay off of those icy roads and have a drink on me. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #76057 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts
Not going to watch the NFL YD1 until the Super Bowl. Before I moved to the Ms. Gulf Coast lived up in Murfreesboro Tn. and became a Nashville Predators fan.....so instead of the NFL it will be the NHL for me :)

thecountrynation.com

More
7 years 3 months ago #76058 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts
Good one YD1.

Complaints about last year go in the dead file. (trash can). New HC playing an inherited team. That spurs a lot of other things. I look at the progress and give Kirby Smart an A.

The recruiting speaks for itself. The HS players see what is going on and want to come be a part of it. I give an A+ on that one.

So, IMO, progress was made and all is good.

Super Bowl next football game for me. Cowboy movies, Netflix and Sling are filling in.

Go Dawgs!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 3 months ago #76059 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Friday thoughts
Predators beat the heck out of the Lightning last night.

Spent a lot of time with the Atlanta Flames from the beginning. Same can be said for the Atlanta Falcons. Follow Calgary now, just something about the uniforms. Flames and the Flyers had some major squabbles when Dave Schultz played for Philly.

Don't pay a lot of attention to the NFL, should say not near as much as I once did. I am a college football junky.

Say again, sure would like to see Slaton commit to Georgia. I like a defense with a big man in the middle. Grantham was another defensive coordinator that was all about size in the middle. LSU showed against Louisville that they have returned to playing solid football . . . . good hire for head coach. Me thinks. Not many of the young men in Louisiana leaving Cajun Country.

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds