Forum

MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA

7 years 3 months ago #75951 by Buc
BulldogShannon, agree with both of your posts.

Last shot for many on the offensive line. Would like to see this group have the college game of their career. Not everyone can be "all everything" . . . . these players gave it what they had. Recruited in a different time, a time when many young men and fans were feeling that "change" was on the way. My hat is off to those that will be moving on and thanks for the time they put in and of course the effort they gave.

There are some offensive linemen that we don't hear a lot about that are now Sophomores and beyond that I would like to know more about. Could name them here but it is easy enough for anyone that cares to look can view the Roster for the 2017 Season.

Now is the time to think about our passing game. Believe we should be able to run, setting up the pass. Looking over the TCU Roster appears to me that they will put more in the defensive box than is normal. This could be a shining moment for the air game. If we can play 50/50 football, run and pass, should be what makes the coaches happy.

Eyes on Coach Chaney. Crossed fingers that we see some type of variation from what we have watched in 2016, thus far. Not being ugly, just know that there is a lot of talent with Chubb and Michel returning along with a lot of very capable tight ends. This is the type game that McKenzie can change things quickly.

Shannon, still cannot erase our last visit to Memphis from my mind. That game in particular caused a lot of FANS to move away from the previous head coach. Many of the internet wars about UGA Football got real loud after that Memphis lack of "showing up". FANS and "fans" began to question whether or not a "hot seat" had arrived in Athens.

Coach'em Up . . . . ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #75952 by Buc

BulldogShannon wrote: agree buc. that is why i think gibbs comes here----with the transfers and his own level of play, i think he plays game 1 in 2017. not a doubt in my mind that chubb and michel will be on mission in this game. don't know if we win it or not, but i'll be shocked if we effort it out like we did the last time we were in memphis.

unlike that prior game, none of these players on the team that cmr recruited is a lock to start in 17.

Think it is common to worry about young recruits we need. Have this awful feeling that Gibbs will end up in Tuscaloosa. Hope that feeling goes away when Gibbs announces he next stop. Young men like Gibbs have watched the "proven success" that comes from playing football for Alabama.

If our coaches end up their recruiting Gibbs and he chooses the Red and Black, that will be a huge step forward for our program. Several giant steps have been made thus far by our coaches, and this is a player as you mention above that will start game one. Agree that Mecole Hardman will play defensive back, how good would it be for Gibbs and Hardman to have Richard LeCounte III all playing together . . . . Poole is another young man that is going to play a lot for UGA.

Beginning to build that "DEPTH". ;)

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #75953 by Buc
Reading between the lines . . . .

Little doubt that UGA Football is a work in progress. Every coaching staff want their "types" dressing out. Several players has chosen to move on. There is little doubt in my mind that the mission of this coaching staff is understood by both the players in Athens and those that choose to commit.

A little bit of "coach speak" by Mel Tucker, he however did it without stepping on individual toes. High five to Mel.

www.scout.com/college/georgia/story/1740...l-a-work-in-progress

More
7 years 3 months ago #75954 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA
Yeah Buc, for some reason Grayson High has been cool on UGA and I think it goes back to CMR and his ego that he shouldn't have to show kids the love when they are 40 minutes from UGA. Goes back to the older Kmdechie brother. Also, the head coach being a Bama alumn did not help.

Gibbs needs to understand that if he chooses UGA with what they have coming in, and he can help UGA replicate the same type class in 2018, then everything he wants from Bama can be had at UGA. And not to negative recruit, but Nick may not be there in 4 years--odds are Kirby WILL be here.

Hope Kirby and the coaches make this young man see what being a great player for your hometown school can offer you down the road in the real world.

But, not be different but my priority is the young DT kid. Memory not with it on his name at the moment. Give me Bama type DL/LB's, who my DB's are really won't matter.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #75956 by Buc
BulldogShannon, I love "history". You are spot on when you bring up the past, such as Nkemdiche. Another young man that chose to play elsewhere. His Mom I believe had a lot to do with that . . . . and there is a lot "still surrounding" the Ole Miss program that appears to have an effect on the program at this point.

Recently we had a coach that was "involved?" with the Wake Forest saga. Beamer was fined a substantial amount of money, if my memory serves me correctly, $25,000 dollars. I say that for this . . . . Ole Miss is still going through "procedures", much like the Miami "stuff" a while back. I suspicion that the NCAA is taking its time to dot the i's and cross the t's, not wanting to get their butts kicked again, as happened in the mishandling of information against the "U".

Shannon believe you might be thinking about Aubrey Solomon. Crossed fingers that Devonte Wyatt ends up wearing the Red and Black.

Picture of what the current group of coaches want is becoming a lot clearer when looking at the overall choices.

More
7 years 3 months ago #75958 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA
Right on Buc.... solomon was who I meant.

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds