Forum

MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA

7 years 3 months ago #75959 by Buc
Thought or two about Coach Smart basically coming to the rescue of Coach Chaney. Some of us have been around long enough to understand what Kirby did by saying some of the problems with the play calling in 2016 is on him.

Going to say it . . . . Kirby Smart, at this point in time you do not need to be covering up for what many of us watched through the 2016 Season.

Single best point I would offer is . . . . use the talents available on the offensive unit to their abilities. Have watched our team for a long time, trying to change the players to play a different style goes something like this . . . . "Barking up a tree". Nick and Sony had reason(s) to confront Coach Chaney. Expect to see the results of that meeting in the bowl game tomorrow.

Coach Kirby Smart, your value to our team comes from understanding defense. Along with that you are as all of us know, an exceptional recruiter. Coach Chaney either can or can't do what is needed for us to move forward without a "protective" head coach.

One thing that sticks in my head, whether right or wrong . . . . Coach Sam Pittman is in Athens because Coach Jim Chaney was wanted by Sam to coach with him, friendship thing. I don't know that to be true.

First person to point out that Coach Chaney was not the right choice, on this board, ogredawg. ogredawg spoke quickly about the way our offensive game was being called . . . . that was before Nick and Sony confronted Chaney in his office.

Just chirping about what I have read and watched. Tomorrow we will get a better look at "gun snaps" and offensive play calling by Coach Chaney.

If anyone takes this as being ugly . . . . not true. Comes a time when folks like myself and others look closely at our program.

I "feed" on this type/brand of college football, especially UGA Football. Talent abounds in the locker rooms and on the field. Our problem, maybe I should say "my" problem with UGA Football . . . . we replaced a coaching staff, want more out of the "Newbies". Smart and Company have a "much shorter leash" than Richt and Company. That is a good thing.

For many years myself and others have said on Dawgs.com . . . . "Coach'em Up"! Much more to that than typing the phrase.

Looking over the 2016 Season, some that understand the game see the mistakes. Second year (2017) has to be an improvement . . . . in my mind "coaching".

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #75960 by Buc
Enjoyed reading what Seth Emerson had to say below . . . . Sometimes he really comes across.

Copied the Bold/Italics portion from Seth's article.

We . . . . Dawgs.com have discussed Chaney/Pittman since their arrival. Also believe this board is locked in and understand what both coaches either do or don't do to move us forward, to the point that is further down the road than we have been since the "early 80's". Has not been a "pretty picture" since then. Guess that lies in the "eyes of the beholders".

Head Coach Kirby Smart knew when he accepted the job what was expected of him. I am a believer . . . . also know this . . . . there is not a team in the SEC that "fails" to sign top players coming out of high school. Sometimes there are "UPS" and sometimes there are "DOWNS". Supposed FANS do not understand that.

Say this . . . . the TCU Head Coach could have taken dozens of jobs in the D1 Universities not that long ago.

Easy for me to "sway" a bit when "trying to talk football". Some things never change.

Want to see what our Special Teams have to offer tomorrow.

Go Dawgs . . . . ;)

– Similarities on offense between Georgia and Arkansas (which beat TCU earlier this season): “I think they’re very similar. You know obviously coach Chaney and Sam are both at Arkansas before, so very similar in what they do. But there are some nuances that are different, how the coordinator calls it.”

www.dawgnation.com/football/tcu-coach-ga...ons-thoughts-georgia
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #75961 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA
Still need a lot of convincing that this is the coaching staff to get this program where it needs to be. Granted recruiting class is looking real good but it looked good under Richt also, the 2 differences I see is the OL that is coming in and that is ALL because of Pittman. They want to play for him because he will prepare them for the next level. That is a good thing Buc as you and I both know that is where the game is won or lost, no doubt that Pittman will have these new O linemen ready to play on Saturdays.

The 2nd difference I see is keeping our best players home. 9 of the top 15 so far staying home is just phenomenal, Richt never ever did that in his 15 years. We are not going to get them all but Kirby is doing what needs to be done on that aspect. No one has ever questioned his recruiting ability.

Losses to Vandy and Tech are just not acceptable with the talent we have and that really sticks in my craw. A loss to TCU today will also be unacceptable and this coaching staff needs to show that they have the players ready, we are 2 touchdowns better that TCU. I have bad memories of Memphis, was there that chilly night back in 2010 and that was what did it for me with Richt. Time to show what the future holds for this coaching staff, a convincing win will go a long way at least with me.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

More
7 years 3 months ago #75962 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA
Good read ogre..... I also remember the mess in Memphis...... time to fish or cut bait...

Stay well and have a good New Years... hopefully it starts this afternoon....

Go Dawgs.

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
7 years 3 months ago #75963 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA

BulldogShannon wrote: Yeah Buc, for some reason Grayson High has been cool on UGA and I think it goes back to CMR and his ego that he shouldn't have to show kids the love when they are 40 minutes from UGA. Goes back to the older Kmdechie brother. Also, the head coach being a Bama alumn did not help.

I live 5 minutes away from Grayson and they are indeed cool on UGA. The former HC and much of the staff are cool on UGA and that is where it
begins. There was some outright disdain for MR and a general regard that UGA itself isn't a place to go where you will max out potential.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #75964 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA
Buc..

CKS defended Chaney because that's the right thing to do in his mind... take the bullet so to speak.

Unless we recruit in such a way that what plays we call don't matter, he'll probably have to take quite a few more bullets for Chaney because the guy isn't good. Switching average jobs by taking lateral moves every 3 years or so is a prime indication. You'll not find anyone clamoring to make that guy a HC.

I'm glad we got CSP, but don't let his loyalty and love for Chaney fool you. Friendship can often cloud judgement. Sam Pittman liking the guy means nothing to me, and it shouldn't to anyone else.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds