Forum

MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA

7 years 3 months ago #75940 by growl
Heres hoping that we get a glimpse of the 2017 UGA DAWGS, maybe use some talent that should see the field next year. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #75946 by Buc
growl, have spent some time the past few days looking at TCU's games in 2016. Seems that they can be ran on, more than one team gained enough yardage on the ground to upset their head coach to the point of finger pointing.

With Chubb and Michel returning, no doubt that those two are playing this bowl game for "real". Fully expect to see others involved in the running game. At this point one name in particular stands out to me . . . . Brian Herrien.

Another young man that I hope sees some action since moving from running back to linebacker is Tae Crowder. Believe he is going to surprise some as a backer. Special Teams for sure.

Movement with some of the young men leaving Athens to go elsewhere and get playing time. Understandable.

With the incoming group of players in 2017, appears to me that most of the young players recognize that playing time is going to become more difficult. Like that, seems to me that the second phase of the new group of coaches is on target with what Kirby is looking for.

Will be interesting to see some of the players "auditioning" in Memphis, and some will be doing just that. Game film will give some of the players a head start for the Spring of 2017. A lot of the young men on the roster know that most of their playing time in Athens will be on Special Teams.

Say this . . . . if we do not get another player that the media promotes with their star ratings, the group that is committed thus far is damn impressive to me. Like these young folks dressing out in the Red and Black.

Add this and stop . . . . Punting is still a problem in "my head".

Coach'em Up :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #75947 by growl
So right on point Buc, we need a punter in the worse sort of way. I have been very pleased to see the place kicker issue to take a real swing to the positive , plus I just like the guy he handles himself in a little quirky but positive manner.

The pendulum is swinging for us, now lets insure that we do our part. CKS has made a big difference!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 3 months ago #75948 by Buc
Mecole Hardman’s development and future: “Meco’s one of those guys that’s gotten better in the bowl practices. He’s an excellent athlete, and he really enjoys competing in practice. I think he’s learning what we need him to do. And I think his future is very bright here.”

Lot of talk about Mecole Hardman prior to committing to Georgia. Comes a time when the "program shifts" might be that fans need to do the same.

Anyone remember Reuben Foster? One of the top backers in college football. Actually came close to wearing the Red and Black, made the decision to ride it out in Tuscaloosa. "Process".

Georgia has been "Fool's Gold" for far too long. Say again, if you as a head coach cannot win a National Championship in x number of years with the talent in the State of Georgia . . . . might be time to move to Boca Raton and revive the "U".

I am a bit surprised that there has not been more "talk" about Chubb and Michel returning. More "positive talk". Both of these young men have contributed so much to UGA. TCU will get a "taste" of what others that have faced the two of them in the SEC.

Read some remarks on the internet about Chubb and Michel returning has influenced players committing elsewhere. Suits the "spit" out of me. Time for some of the "so-called" Georgia supporters to grow up and begin to "understand" how college football needs to be addressed and played in Athens.

Will Smart and Company take "us" to the "Final Four". Do not know that, nor does anyone else. I am one of those that keeps my mind and eyes open. Try very hard not to be influenced. If we post and "understand" . . . . there is little room for the media to make our minds up for us. Too damn much of that has become the "NORM" for too many.

Guess I am a lot like some that I follow closely on Dawgs.com . . . . Understanding the game. We are not in the coaching loop, but we are not easily fooled. That belongs to those that have folks writing headlines for them. College football is going to "overtake" the NFL . . . . one persons opinion. MINE.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 3 months ago #75949 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA
agree buc. that is why i think gibbs comes here----with the transfers and his own level of play, i think he plays game 1 in 2017. not a doubt in my mind that chubb and michel will be on mission in this game. don't know if we win it or not, but i'll be shocked if we effort it out like we did the last time we were in memphis.

unlike that prior game, none of these players on the team that cmr recruited is a lock to start in 17.

More
7 years 3 months ago #75950 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic MONDAY MORNING BEFORE LIBERTY BOWL: TCU VS UGA
people have been too hard on mecole. the kid switched positions when he got to college. look for him to be in the mix in 2017. he is too small to play wr in the new system.

i think he will find a nice career at the G at db.

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds