Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #75810 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA
Bum Philips said about Don Shula (and Bear Bryant), ""He can take his'n and beat your'n and take your'n and beat his'n."

Kirby proved that he's not that kind of coach. There is no way that this Georgia team should be 7-5 (4-4). There is no way that I thought the types of things that happened yesterday, against Nicholls State, against Vandy, against Florida would happen. I thought that's what was being fixed.

So now the line is, let him get his own players in. That starts with road graders up front and tall, physical receivers who can catch. After watching Eason running for his life and Chubb having nowhere to go against the Gators, I'll put some stock in that, so next year will be interesting. That said, there were a lot of other things that need to be fixed, not least of which is play calling. The prime example was Eason's first pick yesterday. Bad call in that situation and a bad throw. And a lot of others...

Looks like he's probably going to lose his DC to Georgia State, so that will be a critical hire. Lots of people calling for his OC's head also, but I doubt that will happen.

Finally, and I know that this kind of talk doesn't happen on dawgs.com, but it does other places, spare me the "three (or four, or five) plays and we're 10-2". While true on the face of it, unless Eason throws a perfect pass late against Mizzou, they're 6-6, so that knife cuts both ways.

Overall I give Kirby a gentleman's C-. The only thing I was more wrong about than the 'dawgs record was the presidential election. :huh:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #75811 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA
You dawgs.com guys are a tough bunch to please.

Most of the analysis of the games are spot on. Who, what and why. Of course the discussions are about what went wrong since it is obvious what went right.

Play calling is always the friction point. Some of it seems pretty bad in hindsight. I wish I could be a fly on KS shoulder on the side lines during the games.

'First Year HC' season behind us. Rough road as it would be with any new hire at HC level. You never get to play your team in that situation. So, without complaining, I am ready to see what he does next.

I am holding on to KS. It will be a long time before I forget MR so there is my reasoning. KS is honest and a hard worker. No fluff and no deflection, he just tells it like it is.

Along with dawgs_fans_dad I am going with a C minus. Then bump it to a C for working hard with what you have.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

7 years 4 months ago #75812 by bulldawg36869
Replied by bulldawg36869 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA
I am getting too old for this wait until next year crap, year after year.

If KS doesn't make a move at OC then he proves we have another CMR on our hands. $1.7 to get rid of Chaney is a small price to pay.

Some are wise and some are otherwise !

More
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds