Forum

GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA

7 years 4 months ago #75798 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA
When will coaches learn to have a feel for the game ? We attempt a FG (and miss) on 4th and 2 inside the 20 early on. Agree, better to take the FG against Bama's defense but this wasTech. You have to know you can't settle for threes because Tech is basically a 4 down team unless it's 4th and long. Tech was not going to settle for FG's.
I'm not worried about the wins this year , but I am concerned about the complete meltdowns against Tech, Vandy and UT.

I'm giving this staff next year but after that , we sure as heck better not be losing to Vandy and Tech.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #75799 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA
I gave them this year.

I'm not giving another... not like this one. Kirby and his staff are 100% accountable for next season bein appreciably better than this hot garbage.

You are right about feel for the game... very little of it. We only put up what we did because we man-handled their line until they started totally selling out on 1st and 2nd for our vanilla play calling.

Where was iMac this game? Totally missing from the game plan. 2 touches the entire day.

Up 27-14 I looked at my son and told him we better keep the ball and eat some clock and we promptly went 3 and out. End of the game... only 1 timeout remaining. Eason has been throwing behind players on the out and crosses all year so we throw an out near the end of the game for the crucial int.

Kirby Smart: ‘We as coaches have to do a better job, and that starts with me’

It also starts with your sorry OC, but I'm tired of hearing it, dude.

You had a free pass this season. I will give you no other. You don't have to win the SEC, but you better do a helluva lot better than this and when you lose it better not be the way you lost a couple of games this season.

If you chose to keep buffet boy Chaney on your staff next year, you best know what you're
talking about because I'll blame him for our mostly pathetic offense but next year it's on YOU, Kirby Smart.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
7 years 4 months ago #75800 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA
It's crazy how much I agree with Wart.

I'm starting to think he's my clone...

More
7 years 4 months ago #75801 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA
Should not have lost the game. Complacency, lack of rhythm and the ongoing inability to put the gas down when you have a chance.

Year 1. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory: TN, VANDY, GT
Year 1. Snatched victory from the jaws of defeat: MISSOURI, KY

Year 1. Played sorry, got blown out: FL & OLE MISS
Year 1. Played well, won games we should have: UNC, SC

Year 1. Signature wins: AUBURN
Year 1. Unimpressive wins: NICHOLS

Year 1: Beat rivals: AUBURN, SC
Year 1: Lost to rivals: FL, TECH

Year 1: Beat ranked teams: AUBURN, UNC
Year 1. Lost to ranked teams: OLE MISS, TN, FL

Summary: mediocre, disappointing year with abundant coaching flaws. Granted, first year for CKS and first year QB. But other first year head coaches and other freshmen QBs made bigger splashes. Both HC and QB were essentially the top "draft choices", and both were good, but not great.

Bright spots: David Marshall, Roquan Smith, Rodrigo Blankenship.
Disappointing: O Line, small receivers (no blocking outside), failure to run balanced offense with all available tools.

At this point, report card for CKS hangs on recruiting class. Somewhere between C and D. IMHO.

Thanks to all DAWGS.com posters. Appreciate all the thoughtful and knowledgeable opinions and info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

More
7 years 4 months ago #75802 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA
So many things you could talk about, but three things jump out for me.

Nauta's drop

The first pick. Bad throw, horrible play call.

The defense being so stout for 3.5 quarters, then....

Great summary, Rockdawg. Count me as one of the ones expecting a lot more this year. I guess the jury is out and the seat is hot until and unless these types of losses stop happening.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #75803 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic GAME DAY: GEORGIA TECH VS UGA
Only saw the D stout for 1 quarter the 3rd.

Not going to put this on the offense we handled them pretty well all game

Up 13 points with 11 minutes to play D gave up 2 td's....unacceptable

D gives up a 94 yard drive after Ramsey makes a great punt to pin them deep......unacceptable

Not playing defense for 4 quarters.......unacceptable

Losing to Tech, Vandy, FU, and the Vols.......unacceptable

7-5 with this talent.....unacceptable

Kirby Smart as a HC.......unacceptable

Not hiring an experienced HC......unacceptable

Enjoy Memphis

Done with UGA football for the year

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds