Forum

GAME DAY: Auburn vs UGA

7 years 5 months ago #75702 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: Auburn vs UGA
This folks is why I don't blame some of our offensive issues on Smart not being ready or qualified.

If you want to hold Smart accountable for the O.. you have to hold him accountable for the D and we've been good there, getting better and better all year.

Good win... thank you D.

Thank you O for holding onto the ball just long enough. We had some good movement in the
2nd half.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75703 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic GAME DAY: Auburn vs UGA
Two nice innovations from previous years:

1. Beat a ranked opponent.

2. Make adjustments, come out strong in second half.

Great win, Dawgs! Build on it. On the other hand, we need to lose the "trick" plays.

More
7 years 5 months ago #75704 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GAME DAY: Auburn vs UGA
rockdawg . . . . ditto.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75705 by Buc
Nice to wake up on Sunday morning with a better "attitude". Said it more than once, #3 Roquan Smith has some great football ahead, many of these young pups do. Be interesting to see how the highly rated class of 2017 fits in.

www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016...l#incart_river_index
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 5 months ago #75706 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GAME DAY: Auburn vs UGA
Yeah RD.. our trick plays tricked us right out of points.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75708 by Buc
Wartdawg as you mentioned above . . . . Kirby has to take responsibility regardless of what the particular situation is, offensive or defensive. He will not have a problem with that.

Not a doubt in my mind that Jim Chaney is in the booth because that is where Kirby wants/wanted him after taking into account sideline issues . . . . one of which you pointed out about the "happy face" after a loss.

Following that . . . .

Kirby Smart said in the article posted above that he called the "trick end zone play". Smart is a standup guy, do not believe that is to be denied. Might not end up being the type head coach that everyone wants, but taking all bets that he is a step above what we have contended with for too long. Being involved with certain choice(s) that have been made prior to him landing in Athens, much further back than 15 years, I like the overall "process" that I think I see now.

The win against Auburn will be talked about later on. That is the type of win that inspires not only players, inspires old farts such as myself. Sitting with some football folks during the game, Pat Sullivan and Auburn game from many years back was discussed.

The players were as excited as I have seen a group of young men wearing the Red and Black in a long time. Big time win, coaches and players.

Every SEC team will improve year to year, with this group of coaches, I now believe "we" will also be a part of the improvement.

Bet this, there are some bumps and bruises when these young pups woke up this morning. Win makes the hurt seem less of a problem.

No hand waving with this defense . . . . they understand the "process". Those that follow this group will sit and learn unless they are incredibly talented. Days of Willie Martinez are far removed.

Coach Kirby Smart said . . . .

On the first-quarter interception in the end zone...

"That play is on me. I wanted that play and I thought the play was there. I thought it could be a golden play."

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds