Forum

MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK

7 years 6 months ago #75350 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK

BullDawg2010 wrote: I'm just hoping Kirby is coaching them up for some gaytor tail.

It would be nice to blow the doors off of my most hated team ever.

Coach em up.

BullDawg2010, believe the game this year is going to make a statement as to who wants to play, those that are qualified enough to play, and how we as coaches approach this particular game.

From where I sit, there will be some 2017 Season decisions made after the game. Coach Smart has participated in this game, on the field. Game has always been the most important game since Spurrier coached the gators and changed the way football would and is being played in the SEC. Fact.

Steve Spurrier has returned to Gainesville, that will not hurt the gators chances on the field.

Once upon a time the Georgia Tech game was "the game" on our schedule. Personally do not believe that to be the case this day and time, replaced by the game in JAX. Fact. Many of the older UGA supporters still harbor bad thoughts about Georgia Tech, but the younger UGA supporters have a great deal more dislike of the gators. Fact.

Read a post on another site saying that Will Muschamp left the basket empty in Gainesville . . . . BS. Muschamp arrived to coach the gators and found a huge mess that urban meyer left. Will Muschamp stepped up and cleared out a lot of the players that would rather have played for urban. Players were not ready to conform and challenged Muschamp. Jeremy Foley needed someone like Muschamp that would face off with the players and finally the fans. Believe Muschamp was used by Foley without knowing he was being hired to sweep the locker room.

Folks in Florida talk a lot of football, big time football state this day and time. gators, FSU, and the U and not to be forgotten USF and UCF. We remember UCF, right.

Reason for the last paragraph . . . . We have to keep the players in Georgia at least taking a "serious" first or second look at our program. I believe that Smart and Company are committed to that and also believe the early returns on what our coaches have done in 2016 and 2017 reflect the change over was better than some expected.

Big game. Would like to see our Special Teams move forward. Frankly, our kickoff tackling has looked like Pee Wee Football, here is hoping that #98 Rodrigo can kick the ball into the endzone.

Prepare for this . . . . the BOX will remain loaded defensively and, . . . . the gators are very good in the defensive backfield. This old dawg believes this will be Jacob Eason's toughest reads. Another reason to catch the gators in their cover two and use the tight ends.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75352 by growl
Replied by growl on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK
Sure hope we can take it to the Gaytors , I had the misfortune of being is St. Pete for my wifes family reunion while the game was going on last weekend and put up with some pretty raucous laughter about the loss. I dont want that to happen again and like Buc says CKS was in several games as a player and doesn't like to lose.

I'll guarantee you that CKS is taking this team very seriously and I believe to the bottom of my heart that he IS going to be a great coach at UGA, give him time.

I'm sure he's not the only person to step into a much bigger job than he's ever had and made some mistakes. I think he's handled it well.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #75354 by Buc
growl, well said.

Guess everybody starts somewhere.

Will also see if Coach Smart is a coordinator or a head coach.

Remember Richt taking over and he had serious second thoughts about leaving FSU and Bobby Bowden. Why? I would suggest that moving from an assistants job to the role of "Leader" would make most folks step back and take a second look. Mark Richt did just that. VD had to fly into Tallahassee and suggest that this would be the final look before moving on. College football not unlike the NFL waits not too long before moving on.

I thought it was a great move. Supported the choice from the get go . . . . This is what makes me wonder about some comments flying around from many blog sites, including Dawgs.com. Richt was fine for x number of years and what happened after he had been in the "Leadership Position"? Richt was still the head coach but . . . . what was actually happening other than watching other teams in the SEC winning National Championships, and we were still being told that our goal was to win the East.

What happened was this . . . . butts in the seats were beginning to disappear, season ticket sales were falling. Students were not attending the games, threats from the Athletic Director and others were laying new ground work. There was serious concern from the Mahogany Row Group about the "chatter". Not only that, former players did not like what they were seeing and while the FANS did not get to hear what the former players were saying, Mahogany Row got the message.

SEC Network came along, many things changed . . . . why? Follow the money. It has been said on Dawgs.com many times, this site led the charge and others soon fell in line as to the way UGA Football had fallen off of the edge.

Often used phrase growl . . . . there is a new sheriff in town. Athens/Classic City needed a new sheriff. Got one. Looking forward to comments after a year or two, or three. This wet behind the ears head coach Kirby Smart should have served time at another college before being named the UGA Football Head Coach.

Takes me to this . . . . What better leader than Coach Nick Saban to study under? Did Kirby Smart not learn anything under Saban that he could apply to UGA? What is not being explained by those that seem to think he should have spent time elsewhere, not under Saban to become a "better groomed head coach"?

Maybe those that think along those lines will find their way to this thread and explain their "thought pattern".

If there was only one "pattern" for becoming a "Leader", believe everything and everyone would look the "same". Does not work like that.

growl you said and I believe you to be spot on.

I'll guarantee you that CKS is taking this team very seriously and I believe to the bottom of my heart that he IS going to be a great coach at UGA, give him time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75359 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK
I think its a very simple plan for us to be competitive and even win this game.

If we come out and run on first and second down and then try long developing pass plays with only 2 men in the pattern because we have to max protect in these obvious throwing downs; it will be a long, long day.

If we play action on early downs... maybe try a swing pass or three or some screens.. if we try and get Eason into some sort of rhythm with some easy passes early... maybe not be so obvious about turning to iMac.. we can show some people a few things.

If we get something positive going for these kids early, then that will feed on itself.... just like struggling early can feed upon itself in the other direction.

I want this team play confident by feeling confident, in themselves... and in the play callers.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75361 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK
Gaytors have the best defense and secondary we have seen all year.

Hoping for a win but we have our work cut out for us. We don't match up well in this one.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 6 months ago #75362 by Buc

ogredawg wrote: Gaytors have the best defense and secondary we have seen all year.

Hoping for a win but we have our work cut out for us. We don't match up well in this one.

Truth.

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds