Forum

MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75363 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK
We do not match up well in this game. Florida has the best defense we will have seen all year and any head coach who has watched 1/2 of UGA football film this year will know what weaknesses to attack. Expect FL to stack the box and rush the passer early and often. They're going to make us prove to them we can pass the ball.

This isn't a complicated science experiment: if we cannot play disciplined football and get a ground game going to take some pressure off of Eason, it's going to be a long afternoon in J-Ville.

I think our defense will fare well because FL's offense (much like last year) isn't such a much. They do have very capable rushers, but they're by no means an offensive juggernaut that is going to challenge our defense for 60 minutes.

I'd really like to see the "reset button" pushed and see us come out and put together the same style drives we did vs. UNC. Eat up the clock, pound the ball, get the score.

Wash, rinse, repeat as necessary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75364 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK

Buc wrote:
I thought it was a great move. Supported the choice from the get go . . . . This is what makes me wonder about some comments flying around from many blog sites, including Dawgs.com. Richt was fine for x number of years and what happened after he had been in the "Leadership Position"? Richt was still the head coach but . . . . what was actually happening other than watching other teams in the SEC winning National Championships, and we were still being told that our goal was to win the East.

Read this a few times. I follow the NBA as well and sometimes a coaching change needs to be made just so the players and fans and administration hear a different voice. Sometimes the coach needs a change of scenery as well. I believe that CMR alluded to that himself. He was the right choice 16 years ago. And 10 years ago. Now? Not so much. Shelf life is obviously shorter in the NBA, but the theory holds.

Also, jumped on some of the U's web sites after they got drubbed last night. Change 'dawgs to 'canes and you have about 95% what's being said on this board.

"This looks like an Al Golden - coached team."

"Nobody thought he could clean this up in 1 year, I'm on board with the change."

"Let him get his own players in here."

"No depth."

I guess my disappointment is that we are seeing some things I didn't expect, especially coming out flat. How do you not get fired up for an SEC game?

I'll be in the stadium on the 29th. Hope we aren't as disappointed as we were last year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75365 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK
dawgs_fans_dad, I spend quite a bit of time in South Florida. Just returned home from a wedding down that way.

There are those that I talk with on occasion in South Florida that coach, media folks and of course FANS.

The "U" FANS are as you allude to not different than UGA FANS. Want a solid football team that represents them well. The "U" has been through a lot in the recent past, most of the problems at UM were caused internally, allowing "outside interests" to get too close to the football program. Basically, corruption found its way into the halls of the university. Won't go into how badly the NCAA screwed not only the way they handled the UM case(s) actually, but it hurt the recruiting process for Miami.

Do not have to say too many times just how much talent resides in South Florida, but it is enormous. That is the area that Mark Richt concerned himself most with when signing on at the "U". Richt is a good "follow up recruiter". Most of the recruiting work, hard word is done by the staff, at the end he does his "veery effective" living room gatherings with Moms and Dads. Quite frankly, Moms.

You said dawgs_fans_dad . . . .
Also, jumped on some of the U's web sites after they got drubbed last night. Change 'dawgs to 'canes and you have about 95% what's being said on this board.

Watched the entire game, major difference that I saw was a team not unlike UGA going through transition. Mark Richt was active on the sideline, speaking to many of his players after they came off of the field and returned to the bench. Richt was never big on approaching our players in the bench area. He is sticking to what he said after leaving Athens . . . . getting involved in coaching again. That was a big problem for some of us, watching MR on the sidelines in Athens.

Will mention this again . . . . Mark Richt made a very smart move when he re-hired Coach Searels as his offensive line coach. A lesson learned by MR, after releasing Searels in Athens. MR now understands that no offensive line means no championships.

Running backs in South Florida . . . . many. Good example of that . . . . Sony Michel, UGA. Dalvin Cook, FSU. Just another reason to have a head coach in Athens that understands and is a "proven" college football recruiter.

Not going to make excuses for Kirby Smart, will say this, I spent a lot of my time with MR, believe I have a small amount of time to spend with KS, not the same length of time that MR had, but more than some of the "stuff" that I read from those ready to "bail out" on KS.

Good read dfd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75366 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK
Going to comment on a few thoughts. I was behind CMR when he was our coach. I am behind CKS and his staff. I think they will be fine. Have they made some mistakes, yes. Even seasoned coaches make mistakes.

As far as the position switches, I am ok with it. IMO it is planning ahead. As it sits right now, we are going to be relying on a bunch of youth next year, why not see if there are any changes that might be beneficial to us next year. Position changes are not always the desire of the coaches either. For instance, Tae Crowder might have seen the writing on the wall at RB. 2 freshman ahead of him on the depth chart, 2 big time recruits coming in next year, could have been that he was seeking the change. If that is the case, says a lot about Tae. Trend now is to just transfer where you can find playing time. Would be refreshing to have some kids that are all about Georgia instead of all about themselves. Also think with Tae's size and speed, might end up being a good fit for him.

Chaney, just going to leave that one alone. I get the trend now in college football. Have buddies that are fans of different teams in the SEC. Always a trend when teams are losing. Fire someone. Especially offense coordinators. Have heard ut fans screaming to fire theirs, uf to fire theirs after the ut game. Just the way the world has changed I guess. It is always someone else's fault why execution isn't there. Spend most of the time watching college games. Doesn't matter who I am watching. Once you have a watched a team a couple of times, they are all predictable. Main difference I notice, the good teams don't care if you know what they are doing. They execute.

I am behind this staff. We have the same issues in a couple of years with their players, will re-evaluate.

GO DAWGS - hoping the o-line mans up next Saturday, or it is going to be a long day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #75367 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK
^^^ how refreshing to read this ^^^

Public thank you to you AD5.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75369 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING BYE WEEK
AllDawgs5 said above . . . .

Doesn't matter who I am watching. Once you have watched a team a couple of times, they are all predictable. Main difference I notice, the good teams don't care if you know what they are doing. They execute.

Coaches recruit players that they believe will work out in their system. Good "stuff" AD5. Takes the "mystery" out of many comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, AllDawgs5, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.037 seconds