Forum

Depth problems

7 years 6 months ago #74927 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Depth problems
Thanks for the kind words Buc.

And no you are not wrong. What more can be said.

Buckle up because we are in for a ride many of us may not like this year.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74929 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Depth problems
Buc, I'm pretty sure if OG and I were to meet at a bar we'd either end up best buddies by night's end or in a fist fight. OG and I have had our differences but I respect his passion for UGA and his knowledge of the game.

On Eason, I also love the fact that the kid is gritty and has tons of heart, you gotta respect a man like that! I knew it was going to be a bumpy ride for Eason but there is no doubt in my mind that he is learning and growing with every rep.

I'm not saying that Fromm is going to come in and walk away with the job but as OG said, "Eason will get better", and he will have to because Fromm is coming to start. Dudes like Fromm don't come around to often. I honestly can't find a single hole in his game and he is playing against some stout comp almost every week. The comparison to AM is spot on and that's something we all should be proud of and happy about!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74930 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Depth problems

ogredawg wrote: Thanks for the kind words Buc.

And no you are not wrong. What more can be said.

Buckle up because we are in for a ride many of us may not like this year.

ogredawg, time for the Red and Black to accept where we are and as Kirby has said, grow.

Coach Smart did not come to us and say we are going to be all that. Quite the contrary, said what you said above . . . . "Buckle up".

"Hearts" will not accept that, and I for one, LOVE IT. Amazing how so many can be so misinformed.

Bet this . . . . Head Coach Kirby Smart is all about UGA Football, and . . . . the young puppies that chose and choose to play between the Hedges.

End of 2016 we will see a lot of names on the jerseys that did not start the first game or games. That might come sooner than later. Don't kick my butt . . . . there are some playing now that should not be. Takes some of the younger men (freshmen) a bit longer to find their way, but . . . . they will.

Wins and losses at the end of 2016, not going there. Going with what some of the members have posted on Dawgs.com, "play the game". We lost some players as has been noted by those that understand the game . . . . Would really like to see as AD5 and others have said . . . . let it be known that "you are ready". Practice is what you make of it, Jeremy Pruitt preached that while he was with us.

Going to get off of the "stump", but have noticed that the Vols are now ready to be everything that they were projected to be in the Eastside of the SEC. Can we beat them, yes. Will we beat them, up to those that think their (STARS) matter.

I do not like Tennessee, why . . . . Phat Fullmer said many things over his time in Knoxville that put UGA down. Beginning to show his face again, now that ESPN has taken over the SEC.

Probably many do not know that Coach Smart was with Alabama when Phat Fullmer turned into a "snitch" against Alabama. Just a bit of "history".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg, sflanagan21

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74932 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Depth problems
Buc, I hate to admit this but I really think the Vols have found "something" and they're starting to click on all cylinders. That there scares me as Sat gets closer, I don't know if I can take another game like this past Sat.

I actually set myself up for a loss against Ole Miss. I got up early Sat and went straight to the gym. About 30 minutes into my workout my wife came over and said, what's wrong Babe. I said, I have a feeling all of our shortcoming's are about to get exposed. She's a BIG Dawgs fan but doesn't understand the game in a lot depth. Don't take that wrong, she knows and understands football better than most your average fans! Anywho, she looked at me all crazy and said, are we going to lose bad, I said, it may get ugly Babe.

Nevertheless I wasn't prepared for that kind of ugly! I'm preparing myself this Sat for ugly, again I hate to admit that and it hurts to do so but I think Tenn finally figured it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74933 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Depth problems
Without being too ugly sflanagan21 . . . . A group of coaches in the SEC came to build their teams. Over the past few years almost every team has somehow gotten better than we have. My problem with that remains with this often said . . . . Coach'em Up!

That happened when we were supposedly out recruiting most of the teams in the SEC, we forgot to "Coach'em Up!

Coach Smart did not come to Athens and "forget" how to coach.

Previous head coach moved South and did a 180 degree swing. Coaching harder now than he ever has and that includes his stay in Tallahassee.

I am glad that Kirby is our head coach, also believe that Kirby is glad to be our head coach. The journey has begun.

Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
7 years 6 months ago #74934 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Depth problems
Marinated for a few days on Ole Miss. They were a better team, but once the rock started rolling, it turned into an avalanche. I don't think that game was representative of the talent of the Dawgs, and that we will see a much better effort against TN. Lots of young players - we know this is not a playoff year, so let's see some more.

Very impressed with Herrien and glad to finally see Holyfield. Both showed grit and determination when they played and I think give us some options if Chubb is limited.

Waiting is hard, but confident we're seeing the cobwebs and not the new regime.

Would love to take TN down a few notches. They are a good team with some holes of their own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds