Forum

Depth problems

7 years 7 months ago #74909 by Getdown11
Depth problems was created by Getdown11
Hey everyone,

Here is a little article I found that gives more analysis on our depth problems and why we are where we are. Good read.

www.bulldawgillustrated.com/class-gutted-uga-football/

Go Dawgs!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Getdown11
  • Getdown11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74912 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Depth problems
Yep..and those are the classes that should be filling our roster with starters right now.

Add to it the 2013 class lack of offensive line recruits, and there ya go.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 7 months ago #74913 by AllDawgs5
Replied by AllDawgs5 on topic Depth problems
Getdown, I don't disagree that we are not as talented as other teams. We aren't. Here is my point, we currently have 13 O-line on the roster that were either 3-4 stars coming out. Are rankings wrong? Sure. But they aren't this inaccurate. This is not including walk ons either. We have some big boys that walked on. I just think we should be able to put a decent group on the field somehow.

As always, there are a lot of kids wearing the G right now that will end up playing on Sundays. My question is, are we using them all?

I am never a fan of a coach going to the media, and somewhat belittling the talent. These kids know whats out there. You have what you have. A coaches job is to get the most out of it. Not tell us what we don't have. Not saying Kirby has totally bashed the talent, but he has been baited a few times. Again, just my thoughts.

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74914 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Depth problems
IMO KS says things about the players to help motivate them. Not fake things, real stuff not designed to feed their ego but help them improve.

It seems they are trying but at other times it seems like they are not.

The team is what it is. If they give 100% that is all we can ask. They might surprise themselves and us with more talent than they though they had.

"Coach 'em up"

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

7 years 7 months ago #74917 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Depth problems

AllDawgs5 wrote: Getdown, I don't disagree that we are not as talented as other teams. We aren't. Here is my point, we currently have 13 O-line on the roster that were either 3-4 stars coming out. Are rankings wrong? Sure. But they aren't this inaccurate. This is not including walk ons either. We have some big boys that walked on. I just think we should be able to put a decent group on the field somehow.

I get what you are saying but...If you look at the D-line 3 deep the most senior guy there is John Atkins. The rest are Freshmen and Sophomores. Our WR situation is the same. 6 guys on the 3 deep. Only 2 upperclassmen. As for the O-line. Not sure what is going on there. All I know is Tyler Catalina may be in over his head.

I get coaching them up but "coaching up" guys with little or no playing time on a new system is probably harder than it sounds.

Go Dawgs!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Getdown11
  • Getdown11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74919 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Depth problems
Agree. Job is bigger and tougher than it looks.
Hard to teach an old Dawg new tricks. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds