Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4

7 years 7 months ago #74782 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
My football heroes will always be Eddie Lebaron, Y.A.Tittle, George Blanda, and Paul Hornung, I watched every game that I could with one of those guys in it. I remember a t.v. reporter asking Eddie how he managed to elude the big guys chasing him and he told the reporter that he would be able to do the same thing if they were chasing him. I was a youngun and I fell for the Redskins.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74783 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4

stevedawg wrote: OC as a chess player.. I like that. Strategy is everything. Stay in the moment, do the next right play.

The Junk Yard Dawgs are back!

Thinking back, remembering a certain game in Columbia, South Carolina and the play calling at a critical point.

Remembering Georgia Tech and the play calls.

Remembering being down points going into the second half of many games and, the outcomes.

The more I reflect on the short amount of time that UGA Football has moved forward in 2016, hard not to be excited.

We have an offensive coordinator, Jim Chaney that allowed the good guys to put the ball in the air over 50 times against Missouri. A offensive coordinator that allowed a freshman quarterback to throw a game winning touchdown . . . . on the road. To me, that is huge.

Ole Miss has a lot of talent, both sides of the ball. Going to cost them at some point. Before the 2017 Season for sure. This is going to be a game in which Ole Miss is going to play their butts off. This is also going to be a game that we watch the talent assembled on the UGA side time to prepare what is needed "recruiting wise" to move the Red and Black forward. Both coaches and players.

I feel that this UGA 2016 team is better prepared to give Ole Miss a game than some of the talking heads that are casting doom on Saturday.

Ole Miss has a quarterback that likes to use some "spread formations" to utilize "his skills". This could very well be a game that players like Lorenzo Carter and others cause problems for Kelly. We have speed, most of the criticisms thus far are about our "size" on the two lines. #78 in my mind really stepped up in the last two games. He will draw "extra attention" from the Ole Miss coaching staff. Bet that.

My adrenalin has begun to rise, Friday afternoon. This could be a huge step forward for our entire program . . . . FANS and TEAM.

Just "chirping" . . . .

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 7 months ago #74784 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
Growl....all I had for football growing up was the NYG

YA....Rosie Greer.... Robestteli ....Huff...Gifford....

Colts and Johnny U .....broke my heart ..... great memories.....

Not Chirping Buc... just the wind in the rigging before

Getting underway..... me hands getting itchy....

Pups going to Oxford,,,, to play ball... might just be the

Game....primer meets powder......for our Dawgs...

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74785 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
also, How could I ever forget Alan Amechi in the frozen tundra touchdown?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74786 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
We're going to face a real football team tomorrow. Lots has been made of the early start and how it affects a team, blah blah blah.

Color me ig'nant, but honestly, when you start using a game start time as the glimmer of hope that perhaps it knocks the other team "off guard" to the point that maybe the underdog will sneak out of there with a win, that's not instilling much confidence.

My view is that it will take us playing out of our minds tomorrow to beat Ole Miss. Do I think it could it happen? Yes I do. Do I want it to? Of course. Do I think it will? No. I understand that we have a boatload of deficiencies right now that you simply cannot take on the road to a hostile stadium against a very good SEC team and expect to win. We all know this is a building year, as we've been talking about since December of last year. Lots of new things happening. Lots of building to do. But as it stands right now, we've had 3 games to tune up for our real SEC schedule and this week marks the beginning of the gauntlet. But gauging by our past three performances, I simply don't see how we come out of there with a win. We are where we are.

But there's always hope...

So what are my keys to the game? Well since you asked...

We absolutely must find a way to allow Chubb to run between the tackles. He doesn't need to have a 200+ yard game, but he does need to be able to establish the run game and do it early to open up the passing game. If we can't establish something on the ground and have to start relying on the passing game alone, then they're going to pass rush us every play. They have really - really - good pass rushers. JE is growing up fast, but he's not ready to shoulder the burden right now of being chased around all afternoon and running for his life trying to force the square peg into the round hole.

Our defense is going to have to do the heavy lifting, we need forced turnovers and points on those turnovers. If we give up the big plays and allow them to set the tempo, tis gonna be a long and painful afternoon. Again, this is a tall order to fill with Ole Miss.

If we can get something going on the ground and the defense shows up in a big way, then that puts us into a position to win the game and I think we can do it if we reach the fourth and are given that chance. I think the 1st quarter sets the pace of the game and will tell us what realistic chance we have.

I'll be keeping the stink eye on our o-line once again. :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74787 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
Reading a lot of "stuff" on various sites, especially when I pay attention to "STAR RATINGS" by those that believe the "stars" are the end result of where a particular team will finish or "improve".

Very interesting read below.

What does that say to folks that think there is nothing more needed than "stars" being signed. Agree that can be a guide for some, but overall I will always believe it comes down to the coaching staff.

What is going on with Auburn? They no longer have Cam Newton, period. Now they have a record of 2 wins and 10 losses against SEC competition.

Other side of the coin . . . . Nick Saban and urban meyer continually get the "5 Star recruits, few below 4 Stars.

Guess it takes me back to "coach them up". Statement continues to mean much to this old dawg.

Going to see "several heads roll again". We went through that . . . . just took too long.

www.dawgnation.com/football/star-wars-ho...-ole-miss-has-signed
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds