Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #74803 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4

growl wrote: My football heroes will always be Eddie Lebaron, Y.A.Tittle,.......

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #74804 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
Sometimes I wonder if you folks really know how many UGA FANS you reach. I am a numbers person, having been around and involved with the media on many different levels.

Much of the copy that I read here, matter of fact, all of the posts that I read here do not have another level that produces a "head" for the article.

My background goes to "hot type" . . . . linotypes, intertypes, ludlows, strip casting machines. My Dad was a typesetter for the Columbus Ledger in the 1940's. Talking about "pigs" . . . . burning lead pigs to set type and meet "deadlines" every day. Sometimes twice a day when we had the Journal/Constitution. It was a rat race. Today, folks like Pouty and many others do not have a clue when it comes to deadlines and, how to get there.

I read, watch and sometimes become amused or pissed off when I look at how hard myself and others worked to get a story out.

Stop. Tomorrow I will watch our team line up and face off with a good football team. Not a great team a very good team. Said earlier in growl's game day thread, much will be learned since Coach Smart returned to Athens.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, SouthernDawg

More
7 years 6 months ago #74808 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
Anybody remember Leonards Losers on the radio years ago? That would be a good thread for this site dont you think?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 6 months ago #74811 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
This site is everything I envisioned for one reason, the rabid and intelligent members who post. I am thankful the dream is working and we are having an effect on the football program.

The thread "Letters to Mark Richt" closed the door on the MR era. Pat yourself on the back. Mediocrity no longer acceptable for the Georgia Dawgs.

Dawgs.com is in play in a big way. A lot more readers than you see on the forum count. Twitter and Facebook are carrying us far and near.

Thanks guys. Keep it up.

SteveDawg

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds