Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4

7 years 6 months ago #74776 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Spent most of Thursday in Gainesville,Ga which is about an hour’s drive north of Athens. It sits on Lake Lanier.

Truth is I am sitting at the new Starbucks on Thompson Bridge Rd enjoying a dark roast coffee jolt while typing this…. Beautiful sunset.. I have been blessed to see another sunrise and sunset.

The reason on bring this drivel up I had the opportunity to speak with a large number of Dawg fans outside of Athens.

Interesting that they all shared the same observations we on this board do.

Did not have one bleeding heart speak out….. refreshing ..

First two games did not have much to comment on…. Slightly different this week…
I will be repeating many points that have already been discussed by several posters here..

In no order…. Thoughts about Mizzo…..

Game and clock management by CKS….. be none or very little time left for us to make an type of a drive….

Int in the end zone keeping Mizzuo going up two scores…..

First play of winning drive…. Over the middle to Blaze…. TE shows up when needed…

JE has nothing throws it away out of bounds

Two outside runs by SM best ground gains in the game….

Imac catches one over the middle and is blasted..holds on for a first down…

Pass interference on RD….. moves us up 15 yards closer…

Perfect pass to Imac for score to tie and then the winning PAT..

I may be a wee bit daffy but I think the our OC is a chess player.. makes several moves to setup the move/play he wants…

Before Imac over the middle he was selling the corner route in the endzone…

Many words have been written about both our lines underperforming…. Both showed up in the fourth quarter

Yes we have many things that need to be fixed and improved on… as I have posted before…. This holds true for every football team

Better to be 3-0 and not 0-3 to work on these issues….

HC has stated he wants to change our culture…. What was missed for awhile he was not just speaking about the players….. it Includes the fans and the media… we all are feeling the change …

Sidebar….. for years we asked for change and a new direction for our football program….. me thinks we got it…. But I also think we are not just seeing new things taking place….. but a return to some old and time proven Georgia football values ……. A very good thing

I have not a clue how the Ole Miss will go… bet this Dawgs won’t roll or lay down….. that part of the culture HC and his staff have drilled into our pups….. and anyone else headed to Athens to play football…

Pause and give thanks

Hug a child or grandchild…..they are our future…..

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, Wartdawg, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #74777 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
Proven Georgia values...

Sound fundamentals...
Junkyard dawg fighters...

Those things led to teams that often overperformed instead of underperforming.

The whole being greater than the sum of the parts.

Win or lose, that is what made me love UGA.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 6 months ago #74778 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
OC as a chess player.. I like that. Strategy is everything. Stay in the moment, do the next right play.

The Junk Yard Dawgs are back!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

7 years 6 months ago #74779 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
Maybe we can get Alex Karras to come back and play on our offensive line!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #74780 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4
"Don't know......Mongo only pawn in game of life."

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg, yankeedawg1

7 years 6 months ago #74781 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 4

growl wrote: Maybe we can get Alex Karras to come back and play on our offensive line!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!GATA

Chief, you bring back some memories that probably a lot of folks are not aware of.

Karras and Hornung suspended for gambling (April 17, 1963)
Paul Hornung, the Green Bay Packers running back who had scored an NFL record 176 points in 1960 and been named MVP in 1961, and Alex Karras, the Detroit Lions All-Pro defensive tackle, were suspended by Pete Rozelle for betting on NFL games and associating with gamblers. Hornung, said Rozelle, had bet up to $500 on NFL games, and Karras, he said, had placed at least a half dozen $50-$100 bets.

Both players sat out for a full season, before being reinstated. Five other Detroit players were fined for betting on the 1962 championship game. Hornung apologized. "I made a terrible mistake," he said. "I am truly sorry." Still, he was later inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Without saying too much, shows the difference between Baseball and Football. Remember when Pete Rose played baseball in Macon, Georgia.

My opinion . . . . Pete, Alex and Paul were wrong. All apologized, now I see in Baseball where Alex Rodriguez has, say again, in my opinion, allowed to show another reason why Baseball is no longer "America's Game".

Take gambling out of professional team sports, or substance abuse, not talking about "weed" goes much deeper than that with Alex and many of the "Home Run Hitters" in a particular period.

Did not mean to "stray", however having a cousin that is in the Baseball Hall of Fame, know who he was and how he got there, bothers me that others have been allowed to continue . . . . follow the damn money. Fact. Just a reminder . . . . Johnny Mize, the "original BIG CAT". Johnny Mize and my grandfather who was an engineer on one of the Gainesville Midland steam engines, both North Georgia folks that were more than cousins.

Fact check . . . .

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Mize
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds