Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 8 months ago #74171 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Agree Chief Growl. We danced and shadow boxed time

To come together as a team...sharpen the arrow tips and

Let's go hunting.... Time is coming for coaches to drop

Chains and let the Dawgs lose....beyond ready just about

Talked out...... Love to see NC and OL just jam said football down said tar heels ....throat....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74172 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I'm hopeful that Eason will be starting game 1....because even as an inexperienced freshman he is still miles ahead of the others, IMO.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74173 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
even if he isnt ahead of them he is on an even plane, and that makes him the better choice in my mind

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74174 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I wonder who gene chizik would like to see. I bet he would prefer seeing jake Eason. I think it's going to be Grayson lambert and he will play until he messes up.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #74175 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Scooby, you might be right, but I seriously doubt it. And I don't care who Gene Chizik wants to face. Gene Chizik should be more concerned about not going 2-6 against SEC opponents and winding up fired after another trip to the Birmingham Bowl than he is who CKS starts against him.

Here's my take on the JE situation. If JE is benched to start the season in favor of Lambert or Ramsey, then I will forever forsake any stock in the star ranking system of high school players. It's almost comical as it is now, but if we honestly are going to put a 5 star QB coming out of high school on the bench, then the star system is a complete and utter joke and one that should never have any stock put in it in the future. Fact - we had a stable of QB's last season that together didn't equal a 3 star QB on their best day. If CKS puts JE on the pine for any reason other than a red shirt, then what he's saying is that this kid really didn't have the requisite skill set to play QB in the SEC that the star ranking system said he did. I simply cannot see that happening.

When you pick up a true freshman QB with as much fanfare as JE with as much need as we have at that position, you (A) expect him to start right out off the bat and (B ) you understand that there's going to be a 'breaking in' period. Yes, JE is going to fumble, yes he's going to throw picks, yes he's going to be lost here and there. But that's what you went into it knowing you were going to get. They picked up JE because we have a dire need for a stud QB. This entire program is going to go through growing pains this year and I've said it from the outset - let JE grow with CKS and begin his formation in the process. But to bench JE in favor of the other known quantities is a colossal mistake and one that shows utterly no confidence in JE's ability to adapt and use his raw skills to become refined under CKS and lead an SEC team.

Start Eason. Let's get on with it.

More
7 years 7 months ago #74176 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
SD, quarterback is definitely the most difficult position to evaluate on the hs level. Especially a guy like Jacob Eason who has very good skills but didn't face great competition in high school. If he doesn't start I wouldn't worry to much. He will get his reps sooner or later.

I enjoyed this article about past five star qbs. I didn't know Aaron Murray was a five star.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/5-star-qbs-last-decade/
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds