Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 7 months ago #74163 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Just 15 days remain before our first game.

Been doing some flashback thinking about my previous 13 years in Athens and what was the conversation like two weeks before our first game….

Radom order as they flew in and out of my mind…

AM was the last QB that we had in that position for 3 plus seasons…. It seems so long ago that we were not quizzing ourselves about who we thought should be our starting QB…

AM did have a number of people who wanted HM to start and not him….

MS before him…..

Players signing autograph merchandise…..AJG and then TG3…

Having to go out a get a rent- a- QB because we were so lame in coaching to have one ready to move up….. don’t see that happening again…. At any position with current coaches….

Towel Toddy….. and his fellow assistant coaches playing favorites on who would play…..wasted talent sitting… players playing out of position ..

Watching in state players..going to play at other SEC schools

IC bright future ahead of him….. late night ride and a gun on campus… no longer a Dawg…

Will the Row and AD ever step up and see that we are falling further behind with MR has HC…..

Takes a DC to call out our AD to get an IPF off drawing board and being built…..

Finish the drill….. next year we will have the experience and players we need to compete for a NC……

Feel free to add to this way to long list of excuses and coaching babble….. from the past….

It feels good to know that while we face challenges in the future the way our coaches and players address finding answers is completely different… and that’s why we can expect the results to be different…

Summer is winding down…. Must say this off season went by faster than any in recent memory…. I feel it was our new coaches and how they are getting our program moving forward again….

Pause and give thanks…..we are truly blessed

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 7 months ago #74164 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
It could have been sooner for me cause it seems like football season will never get here for me

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 7 months ago #74165 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Thanks YD1. Always appreciate the Friday updates. Only two more to go before this new era of UGA football is unveiled where it matters - between the hedges. Looking forward to seeing a disciplined, hard-charging bunch, with kickoffs in the end zone and plays that are unexpected in a good way!

Go DAWGS. Kick it in the SEC this year. I'm tired of hearing about UT winning the east. Nail 'em in Athens!

More
7 years 7 months ago #74166 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
In some ways this offseason has felt like the snap of a finger, in other ways it's seemed forever. I guess it's all perspective. At any rate, great thoughts YD1.

Kirby this week called out Ben Cleveland: "I expect more out of Ben. Sometimes Ben's out there giving 100% and playing with the toughness we expect, sometimes he's not. I expect more out of Ben." Bam. Coach speak & coach babble is a thing of the past. The process is one that will highlight a player that isn't giving 100.1% just as quickly as it will the player that is giving 100.1%.

Watching closely the QB situation - I still expect JE to start game 1.

Go Dawgs!

More
7 years 7 months ago #74167 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I'm with you, SouthernDawg, on JE starting. I'm guessing that CKS isn't so warm and fuzzy with players not giving 100%, huh? Love that he doesn't mind calling kids out. Message to recruits: come to play, or else. Love it.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
7 years 7 months ago #74170 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I'm ready for some smash mouth football to get started, all this speculation is ok,but!

The UNC game will be a great gauge for the rest of the year, so GO DAWGS!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds