Forum

Confidence Being Shown

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73859 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Confidence Being Shown
Jake is going to make Jacob work his ass off, count on it!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #73860 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Confidence Being Shown
growl said ^ ^ ^ ^

I believe. Also believe that "choices" to be a lot different than what we were served up for many years before the "change".

Go Dawgs :)

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73861 by Buc
Appears that many on the internet have some of the feelings about team building that Dawgs.com has. "Depth" has been a long standing topic for most members on this board.

Copied this paragraph from post #73855 in this thread.

Guess I will fall back on the fact that the previous head coach and much of his staff not understanding "depth". Smart and Company really understand "depth" and were quick to say that to the media.

www.fieldstforum.com/2016/06/21/uga-recr...spects-can-uga-land/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73862 by Buc
With all of the excitement surrounding our current group of coaches, there will be a moment of truth.

Smart and Company understand that they have to make hay right now. The first two/three recruiting classes will determine just how successful or less than successful UGA will be.

Not a doubt in my mind that Kirby Smart has his nose to the grindstone. Those that support UGA Football rose up and said something has to change. Kirby totally understands that the base has to be built while the FANS are excited. Also understands that there will be a grace period, not meaning he is looking for one.

I firmly believe the Kirby Smart we see in 2016 will be the same head coach we will see in 2017 and 2018. After that, UGA “has” to be on a solid foundation. That is not saying we are going to have a less than good 2016, I believe we are going to be more than “just a surprise”.

Also do not believe this group of coaches will need a “attitude adjustment”. Kirby hand picked these guys. One exception that I might make is Coach Chaney wanting Coach Pittman. Guess on my part, but I think it is more than a guess.

The young men that have committed to UGA, having their high school senior year of football will definitely approach their season on a different kind of “high”. Eyes will be on them. Workouts will mean as much as on the field play. Smart and Company know that the arrival of the next group means being prepared. High school preparation and college preparation, big difference.

A giant step that is being made in Athens will be the newly constructed Indoor Practice Facility. The IPF that Jeremy Pruitt pushed to the forefront will as Pruitt said . . . . “make recruiting top athletes a lot simpler”. Going to be a huge advantage in keeping home grown talent in the State of Georgia. Facility will also be a huge draw for out of state talent. Smart and Company are aware.

Going to be worth watching the many “changes” that are happening and will happen with this group of dedicated football coaches.

Go Dawgs :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73863 by Buc
If you haven't read the article below written by Kimberley Nash, The Lady Sportswriter, might want to take a look.

Not quite sure what to make of the article. Meaning I am not familiar with some of what is mentioned.

Remember some of the same being said about Garner just prior to his departure to Auburn.

Sometimes when folks from outside a teams boundaries sign on to enter, often causes bruised feelings.

Like I said above, haven't gotten a grip on this blog yet, would certainly hope that all hands are on deck.

More or less felt that there would be conversation about the recent young men signing with Michigan. Been around long enough to know that we will not get everyone that we want. Just so many scholarships offered each year, and quite frankly, the talent base in Georgia is growing each year.

Unity among the coaching staff just as important if not more so than the young men playing on Saturdays.

I read Kimberley Nash regularly. She does not sugar coat, that I like.

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-recruiti...-2017-uga-needs-add/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73864 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Confidence Being Shown
With you Buc, confusing!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More