Forum

Confidence Being Shown

7 years 9 months ago #73865 by DawgDoc
Replied by DawgDoc on topic Confidence Being Shown
Not so confusing to me. Rocker is an Auburn man & if "Mama" calls just like Garner he'd run to "the lovest village on the plains". I believe that he is an excellent coach, but maybe the recruiting, which he didn't have to do in NFL, is not his cup of tea. Just my thoughts.
As always GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 1999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73866 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Confidence Being Shown
Growl, me thinks that when all of the bases are covered, going to come down to coaching. Some can and do win at high levels. Good example, Nick Saban. Saban has a reason for those that he hires to coach with him . . . . They are winners in the areas that they coach. Alabama wins games and championships for several reasons, in my estimation the largest being the Head Coach.

From all I can find out, Scott Cochran was heavy in thought about coming to Athens with Kirby Smart. That would have had an effect on Saban's program, not a doubt. Nick Saban and the Mahogany Row at Alabama stopped that quickly.

Nick Saban runs his own "personnel agency". Employs folks that have a great desire to win. At this point in time, would say "The Saban Agency" is #1.

Now we have a "chip" off of the Saban Block" and from everything that I can read, Georgia Fans are more excited than maybe ever. Very important that the "Roller Coaster" coaching in Athens stopped.

We will continue to lose players to "outsiders", but . . . . I certainly hope that it is not because we did not put the effort in to make a difference.

Very hard for me to believe that "any" of the coaches on our staff are not putting the effort in. Kirby Smart will not allow that. Kirby comes from "The Saban Agency". That is not allowed in Tuscaloosa.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2605820-alab...-nick-sabans-dynasty
Edit . . . . For those that did not read the article above, there is this . . . .

In 2008, with Alabama heading to Athens to take on Georgia in the now infamous blackout game, Cochran became nationally known for his reference to the Bulldog’s penchant for wearing intimidating black jerseys. Bobbing around the practice field, the cameras and microphones caught a man in his element.

“They're wearing black because they're going to their own motherf

g funeral,” Cochran said [warning: NSFW language] to the team, trying to dip his boisterous voice low enough to avoid the microphone. Or maybe not.

Alabama shut out No. 3 Georgia 31-0 in the first half and went on to win, 41-30.

Sad thing is, our previous head coach wanted to do it again. :whistle: Think most of us remember the last meeting between UGA and UA. It was time for Smart and Company to take over football in Athens. Most FANS agree, still a few "bleeding hearts".

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73867 by Buc
Seem to remember a defensive coordinator that left Athens and is now employed by Louisville that did not like to recruit. Recruited behind his desk.

Just another reason to care about Erk. Auburn man, left there and never looked back. Too bad he was never rewarded for his many accomplishments in Athens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73868 by Buc
DAWGtm and Chief Growl, I continue to watch the number of scholarships offered and accepted. All of us know that can change, think that The Lady Sportswriter aka Kimberley Nash also has mentioned same.

Truthfully believe that games are going to be harder to figure out. Many of these young men are not labeled with 5*****, as it has been mentioned before, check Todd Gurley's numbers when he arrived in Athens, believe they were 3***.

Say again and will say again and again . . . . High school players have not developed at the age of 18, maybe a handful of young men, but all of us have said this . . . . when you get into the college game, it is about winning and winning makes Mahogany Row very happy. Just another reason for the "stuffed shirts" to get out of the way.

Once these young men hit campus, regardless of the campus, college football is going to get "real close" in a short time. Meaning, a lot of very good players, and a lot of "college professional coaches" that know how to build bodies, teach blocking schemes, and change these young folks from "wet behind the ears" to heights that Todd Gurley and others have reached . . . . without having 5***** beside their name when entering the college football ranks.

Never forget the "clicks" and never forget the "urinals" in Sanford Stadium. I said that.

Go Dawgs :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73881 by Buc
Copied the following paragraphs from the article below. Seems what Matt Stinchcomb said has been mentioned a time or two in the past x number of years on Dawgs.com. Matt Stinchcomb is a straight shooter for sure, not out to damage anyone. Truth is . . . . many former players were all in for change. Former players "chirping" is what removed MR from Athens, not Greg McGarity. Job protection.

That said, the move to make things better could not have come at a more important time. And, according to former Georgia offensive lineman Matt Stinchcomb, it was a necessary move to make.

“I like the emphasis on focusing on offensive line and getting the right guys. I do like that,” he said. “I will say, as much as I respect it, and I appreciate Coach (Mark) Richt and what he did, one thing that I did not agree with the idea with the offensive line was kind of just a commodity.

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...-the-offensive-line/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds