Forum

Confidence Being Shown

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73853 by Buc
Confidence Being Shown was created by Buc
There has been some conversation recently about quarterback play, both now, before and future.

Jake Fromm's confidence reminds me a lot of the confidence that AM displayed while in Athens. AM spending time with his offensive line and others, both defense and offense off of the field.

Do not remember having two quarterbacks that have shown more leadership characteristics than Fromm and Eason, at such an early time in their plans to play SEC football.

Young men like these will keep each other on their toes, bet this . . . . Coach Chaney is all about competition. Coach Chaney apparently has coached every aspect of offensive football, that in my mind is a very good thing. Different styles work against different opponents.

Both of these young men have "arms". Looking at some high school videos, both have talents that are further along than just a "bazooka" for an arm.

Every recruiting cycle we see young men commit and then retract. Many times it is wanting to continue to play as they did in high school. That is not a bad thing, but makes me often wonder watching the recruiting cycles for a number of years.

Never want to think about these young folks getting hurt, but happens more than not and especially in recent times with commits getting bigger and faster, and that is a fact. Hitting the quarterback or making the quarterback hurry is something every college coach sets out to do.

Jake Fromm deciding to play for UGA, having committed earlier to Alabama, really glad he did. He will play, not moving to Athens to sit and as an earlier coach now departed said recently, don't want to destroy their confidence. Quarterback confidence often is closely associated with "offensive line play". Think it is called protection, and the ability for holes to be made for "excellent" running backs.

Much is "now expected" from Kirby Smart. His background in coaching with Nick Saban won't be a problem from a recruiting/gaming standpoint. Much of the pressure will come from the media and some of the "bleeding hearts". Kirby can and will handle that part of college football. I believe that Coach Chaney and his staff will handle moving the football.

Again, a solid hiring of coaches that are on the same page from the beginning, not spot replacements. Grew tired of that, many did.

Many seem to think that we (UGA) are very close to seeing the same news that Tennessee is smiling about, many recruits committing at the same time.

Think I can safely say that UGA will sign 3 highly rated recruits for the 2017 Season. That would be playing the stars game. There are going to be more than 3 that will change UGA's Football fortunes maybe not being listed as a higher numbered player. That happens every recruiting cycle, and has for years. Names like Todd Gurley for example.

Like what I see and feel.

www.sicemdawgs.com/2016/06/jake-fromm-ex...%28Sicemdawgs.com%29

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73854 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Confidence Being Shown
Buc you said a couple of things that caught my attention, QB's have bazooka arms and more, OL is being built as we speak.

What would UGA have done if AM had the OL that is arriving?

Might have been another NC!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 10 months ago #73855 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Confidence Being Shown
Chief Growl, when I look at the overall record that AM had as a starter at UGA, not the most impressive if looking at the win and losses.

What stands out to me is he never complained about the lack of "certain players" that played when he did. Another thing that I have posted more than once on this board, some of his athletic capabilities were removed from the beginning of his being #1.

AM returns on occasion to Athens not because he has to, he wants to be a part of Georgia Football, even though I suspect his professional career is not going to be a star studded career.

In my mind I picture Aaron Murray and Kirby Smart as players that gave it all they had at Georgia. Both of these guys are intelligent and would not be surprised to see AM going along the same path or close to the same path that KS has.

Agree totally with you growl about AM and his chances of winning at a higher percentage if he had . . . . a better offensive line, better coaching and less "pouting" from the head coach and offensive coordinator.

Kirby Smart was smart enough to enlist to train under Saban. AM was smart enough to leave campus during summer months and train under some very accomplished quarterback coaches. That is the reason that I refer to the "pouting" by a couple of coaches that ran the program, fitting their "style" not AM's, or several quarterbacks prior to AM.

Can also throw a running back by the name of Moreno that should have played earlier and that would have helped with wins and losses.

Guess I will fall back on the fact that the previous head coach and much of his staff not understanding "depth". Smart and Company really understand "depth" and were quick to say that to the media.

Football not different in many ways when discussing players and coaches. Solid coaching can be seen and rewarded. Same with players, backs like Moreno should not be watching from the sideline.

growl, as has been said many times, the football players get bigger, stronger and . . . . get better coaching in high school.

Looking at some of the decisions that have been made in Athens, reason enough to get excited about "change". "Aw shucks" left town.

growl, game against Alabama, second half, no depth. Georgia vs Notre Dame, would like to have watched that one. What would scare me about that particular game would be the "half time" coaching. Never a strong suit in previous years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73856 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Confidence Being Shown
Buc, must be telepathy, you hit it right on the head.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73857 by Buc
Skipping around Chief Growl, a serious inroad has been made in my opinion concerning the offense. Have spoken loudly along with you and others about the offensive line.

Considering the short time that Coach Sam Pittman has been in Athens, so much has changed with the front. Not just a good start, his selection of players and recruiting them actively has laid a solid foundation for years to come. Did say that . . . . years.

Coach Dell McGee will put a lot of smiles on all of our faces. I do know that he is real popular with the talent in high schools both in the State of Georgia and elsewhere. McGee and Pittman are going to be partners in many outstanding classes from now on. Posted a time or two that Coach McGee is real strong in Columbus, Georgia, that will not change.

Really like the fact that the upward movement in recruiting started as soon as the new group arrived. Not sure they had time to unpack.

Back to the offensive line again . . . .

Pat Allen, Kendall Baker, Ben Cleveland, Lamont Gaillard and Sam Madden. There is talent is this group. Will not be surprised to see Mirko Jurkovic playing center for us when he gets the chance. Some whispers.

growl, keep sending the young men from Middle Georgia, lots of talent and for too long Auburn outworked UGA in that area. Smart and Company will put a stop to much of the past.

Coach Dell McGee . . . . A Winner!

Chief, really like Jake Fromm.
Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73858 by Buc
Video below on Mirko Jurkovic. Has played every position on the offensive line. Check his movement out on "every play". Mirko is smart, a big body that can move quickly to "annoy" a linebacker. Understands double teams on defensive players.

My choice to play the center position.

www.hudl.com/athlete/3694641/highlights/202496378

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds