Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73781 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Question . . . .

How many team championships has UGA gathered trophies on since 2010?

One damn thing for sure . . . . Since being appointed to the "Good Old Boys Club" . . . . McGarity has accomplished what?

Get down to brass tacks. Mahogany Row is not allowing Greg McGarity to make these decisions on ticket prices. Greg McGarity was hired to do the same thing he did in Gainesville, Florida, follow directions. To do that, McGarity is being paid "handsomely".

Ask the question again . . . . What has Greg McGarity done to improve our "Golden Goose" . . . . known as UGA Football?

Comes a time when the FANS need to look at the "next step" needed to move THE GOLDEN GOOSE forward.

Mahogany Row opened their eyes and witnessed 93k FANS BUTTS in the seats, prior to that, BUTTS IN THE SEATS were noticeably missing. That was all that was needed for the "Good Old Boys" to say now is the time, strike while the "fire is hot".

From Buc to Mahogany Row . . . . a huge mistake is being made and your Public Relations Department is behind the eight ball. Doing business as it has been done for years in Athens . . . . "ain't gonna work going forward".

McGarity, have suggested that you pay the $65,000 dollars for another of the mistakes you and the board have made. Remember this . . . . FANS WANTED KIRBY SMART, long before Greg McGarity arrived. Those in South Carolina that wanted Kirby Smart could see what needed to be done and had Smart's foot in the door.

Tell "all of the FANS again" just how much The University of Georgia needs to raise ticket prices, having been "middle of the road" in the SEC for price changes. See, it was another simple mistake by a Public Relations Group telling the FANS just how GOOD the "Good Old Boys" have been to us for x number of years. Gets old, but sometimes being "OLD" is wiser. Some call it maturity, some call it "common sense".

Steve, you can stop me, if not, I have a lot more.

I personally know some folks that could step into the Athletic Department for much less money and be a huge success. Folks that understand the "Golden Goose" and other things that relate to more than the BS that is being served up now.

REPAIRED THE HEADS, Greg? Need someone to write you a release to do so? FANS, wade through the pp and you and the "Good Old Boys" are "topside" where the urine flows "down".

SHAME ON YOU. Next time I have a couple of suggestions concerning "qualified" Athletic Directors for at "least" half the existing price.

I love and have loved UGA Football and UGA sports overall for many years. Time is right to move forward, Greg McGarity is not moving forward.

Bet this . . . . if Greg McGarity gets in Smart's way, Greg McGarity is finished. Job half done.

One more thing . . . . Our President is noticeably "quiet".

Seems to me that the FANS have said "enough is enough".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73782 by Buc
My first choice.

Much more than what is said in the link before.

There is a reason that he is close to Kirby Smart. Both played in Sanford Stadium.

When I look at what someone, not anyone can bring to UGA, Mike Cavan is on a level with Kirby Smart. Both love UGA, both want what is better for the FANS.

Anyone have a better suggestion? I have more, Mike Cavan would be my choice.

Mike Cavan is the other half of the hiring that I believe is needed. Smart and Cavan, sounds good to me.

At some point, we will get a replacement like Mike Cavan. Don't fool around and have another good or great choice end up at another university. Came real close to making that mistake with Kirby Smart.

www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mike_cavan_998383.html

EDIT . . . . A small piece of Mike Cavan's history.

“I went on to SMU in 1997. My first year there we went 6-5. It was the 1st winning season since the death penalty, which took effect in 1986. I left SMU in 2001 and came back here to work under the Athletic Director, Vince Dooley. I then worked under Damon Evans, and after Evans, Greg McGarity. Now that Kirby has come back. I’m back in the football business.”

Kirby is back and Mike is back in the football business . . . . Nuff said?

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73783 by Buc
No through just yet . . . .

If you have the time, watch the two videos below.

Mike Cavan is going to be scooped up and taken by some university, do not doubt this . . . . Again South Carolina is aware of Mike Cavan, just as they were aware of Kirby Smart.

Ran this by some folks that I talk football with, got nothing but 100% agreement.

There are some in the media that will read this, also bet this . . . . at some point we will see Mike Cavan being mentioned by others as a great replacement as our Athletic Director.

Get the right personnel on board in a position that can improve UGA Football. Gentleman is in the house, just need some higher ups to understand "football". Mike Cavan by the way understands more than football. Talented leader.

Anyone remember Lindsay Scott? Check out the way he arrived in Athens.

More
7 years 10 months ago #73784 by Buc
Comes a time when the FANS need to be listened to. Simply this, or not so simple . . . . We have been shoved around by those that make decisions, the “upper crust”. Yes, there is an “upper crust” that has resided in Athens for way too long.

First order of business for the “upper crust” is make that “bottom line” look better. They are the folks that will never be happy unless that bottom line improves every year.

What they fail to realize is that the FANS want something in return for the money exchange that has gone on for too long. Money exchange, from our pockets to their pockets.

Anyone that reads this board, Dawgs.com believe that Greg McGarity has spent any time in the urinals that AJC Bill King brought to the forefront?

Goes much deeper than that folks.

Believe this . . . . I am holding back on some posts that I will make on Dawgs.com that will get some attention in Athens. There is so much out there that has been shoved under the rug. Big, if not a huge mistake.

Going to say this . . . . If you are not ready for the “real talk”, I encourage you not to read a single post that has my name with “any involvement” on concerning UGA Football and the way it has been and is being handled by so many that care about nothing more than the “bottom line”.

Start with this . . . .

“Upper Crust” had problems building the bottom line in Athens because there was a lack of folks in the seats. That of course means that the money investment by FANS was beginning to dwindle. Butts in the seats.

McGarity comes out now asking for more. Yes, I know for a fact that he is doing what the “Row” wants him to do. Shades of Foley in Florida. That needs no explanation.

Along came M&M. Filled the missing folks in the seats with a contract, saved again by the bell.

Those of us that truly want to see a change for the better understand what is “not” going on under the “Row” and “McGarity”.

From now until the start of football season in 2016, bet this . . . . there will be a lot of ducking by those in Athens. Now they have that ninety day (90) thing that they can and “will” hide behind.

Greg McGarity needs a place to hide. Yep, I said that. There will be more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
7 years 10 months ago #73785 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Hey Buc, could you explain what the bathroom issue is. I looked around the Internet and don't understand the problem. Sounds like the toilets back up? Does this happen at every game or occasionally.

I'm just picking when I say this... Sure would have been nice if the last dc had thrown those toilets in with the ipf comments.

Also, how much does it cost for season tickets if anyone goes. Do you have to donate a yearly amount for the right to buy the tickets? Just curious.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
7 years 10 months ago #73786 by Buc
Scooby . . . . Urinals have had "holes" for "years".

Somebody needed to speak up about the urinals . . . . surprised me that the leading force was Bill King, AJC.

Do not have to donate, but the "Row" loves to move you "above" the peasants (FANS). Going to come back and bite them squarely in the butt.

The "Row" has always had their eyes on "opportunities". The latest opportunity was 93K In Sanford Stadium, showing that the FANS wanted and got change. Hoping that does not mess with your thoughts too much. Not being ugly, just recalling your previous posts.

UGA is just a couple of "steps, hires" away from becoming "real".

There has been a lot of talk surrounding UGA Football for years, dating back before many on this and other boards were formed. Goes back to newsprint, a dying media, basically dead. Like Ted Turner or not, Ted said in the early 80's better find another way to communicate. Ted was right. Ted was wrong about "Hanoi Jane". Proves that anyone can be "wrong".

Scooby, have never felt stronger about Georgia Football than I do now.

We need one more hire and firing. Have made that clear earlier, me thinks.

Good to see you back. It is just talk. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, scooby

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds