Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago #73769 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Weather has turned toasty here in Classic City.

The new pups are working to find their way around campus.

As a whole the quite surrounding our football is a good thing….

Off field issues are be handled and players are stepping up and doing what is being asked to correct problem areas….

CKS and staff are going about their business without any unnecessary fanfare.

I really enjoy listening to the HC speak. It is refreshing and honest.
Never uses the word me…. Address areas of concern head on… does not duck questions or give 30 minute senseless answers.

I have never heard him whine about anything or anyone….
He is quick to point out areas he has concerns about while not over hyping the talent on campus and the incoming crop of freshman who bring added depth.

Yes he hasn’t coached his first game at Georgia….and the honeymoon is still in full force…. I am just acknowledging the differences that I see
in him and say the new HC at South Carolina….. I like where we are a whole lot more…..

I again comment about how well of a job the HC and his staff jumped in and executed a recruiting effort that has surprised many.

Most people felt it would take a season or two for HC’s recruiting ability to take hold and show improvement. Not so he and his staff hit the ground and have not slowed down…… The Dawgs are on the national stage when it comes to recruiting….

Two items that have caught my eye….. HC wanted new locker rooms and a recruiting area for recruits and families located at Sanford….
Construction has already started and will be ready for first home game this year…..

HC used helicopter to arrive for first satellite camp jointly held with CJH from Michigan …… statement ….. made for the Dawgs….

Both the above caused our AD to pass gas while writing the checks...

Hot weather sure makes the cold brew taste better….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73770 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
:laugh: Both the above caused our AD to pass gas while writing the checks...

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

7 years 10 months ago #73771 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yd1 said . . . .

Most people felt it would take a season or two for HC’s recruiting ability to take hold and show improvement. Not so he and his staff hit the ground and have not slowed down…… The Dawgs are on the national stage when it comes to recruiting….

Work ethic in my mind yd1. There is a difference in the way our recruiting is being handled. Felt before that Jeremy Pruitt, Tracy Rocker and others on the defensive staff were going full blast. Cannot say that about the entire group of coaches on the offensive side of the ball in 2015.

Picked this quote up from Jeff Sentell's article below. Jeremiah Holloman said . . . .

"Having the 95,000 fans at home and just being here at home for me there is something special about that,” said Holloman, who will run track in college no matter where he goes. “They are building something special and something to look forward to. I know they are going to bring a championship to Athens soon. I know that. Even if I am not there, I know that.”

Quite a statement made by the young man. Whether or not he plays for UGA or not, he is aware of what this group of coaches intentions are.

I Continue to say that Coach James Coley was a great hire. Know some of his background, he is more than "just" a receivers coach. Jim is the entire package. SouthernDawg is aware of Coley, has commented on him before. Working with Offensive Coordinator Jim Chaney and the talent that surrounds them, no limits.

www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/m...ver-spots-filling-up

And this . . . .

gridironnow.com/pat-narduzzi-jim-chaney-brilliant/

Add this . . . . Seems that recruiting in the State of Georgia has become a bit more difficult for Jones and his staff in Tennessee. Amazing what can happen when the right pieces of the puzzle are in place. Back to that hard work thing yd1. Hard work and a working knowledge of SEC Football.

What we are witnessing now would not have happened had Kirby Smart landed in South Carolina. That sticks in my mind. Hiring and firing in Athens is half finished.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 10 months ago #73772 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc ..good read thanks for super sizing this week's

BPS...... Great point on recruiting we had coaches

Working their butts off while others walked the dog

Fun meter upward. Interesting summer here in Athens

Lots of nose to the stone me thinks

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73773 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I can tell you one thing I feel a lot better than I did a year ago just knowing that the HC is here. Put that together with a positive outlook from the young pups that were afraid to say anything a short while ago, speaks volumes as some would say. Its been a long time coming but I can see light at the end of that tunnel and its getting brighter.

I think this team is going to be good this year, just not sure how good. I do know that the OL has a good chance to be a real bright spot, and could be a real eye opener. Recruiting sure changed my outlook on UGA.

GO DAWGS!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 10 months ago #73774 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Growl, this keeps popping up in my mind.

Before Jacob Eason was on campus, still in high school, mentioned a time or two on this board that Jacob was not facing the competition he would face once on campus in Athens.

After watching the G Day Game, reading and listening to some that I know discuss Jacob's impression made on the players, not going to be surprised if he starts.

Say that for this reason . . . . Kirby Smart and Jim Chaney did not take their jobs at UGA to go by the "previous" way quarterbacks were selected. Smart has said, best 11 on the field, I believe that. Both offense and defense.

One thing that Eason will need under SEC game conditions is playing time. Playing time right away. Starting with UNC is not a given in the win column. It will be two teams that want to start the 2016 Season on a high note. Stadium will be packed, television audience will be huge. Both teams coaches will step out of the box and that alone will provide needed information on players and playing talent, along with coaching talent. I am with Kirby Smart on playing an opening game against recognized "competition". Just how good is UNC . . . . don't know. Just how good is UGA . . . . don't know.

Read many blogs about who will start for Georgia. I truly believe the starter will be decided based on the players working out in the Summer and of course when practice starts in the Fall. We have a feel for two of our quarterbacks, all we know about the newcomer is the G Day Game. Must say this . . . . could be the two quarterbacks that have been on campus for a while possibly were not "coached well". Previous quarterback coach/offensive coordinator and the head coach that hired him are no longer in Athens.

UNC vs UGA in Atlanta, like it. Need to work on scheduling, some or many are not going to travel to Athens if we face off with competition that does not fit the cost of "rising ticket prices".

Bet this . . . . one of the biggest arguments on the Final Four participants will be decided on difficulty of schedule.

Just bouncing around, believe that is what yankeedawg1 started the BPS to do.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds