Forum

Page Two . . . "Party Line"

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49764 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
I don't think that at this point this team or the coaching staff can do anything to change my mind about the effort they've exhibited, or the dedication of a supposedly #5 ranked defense to begin the year that has played like they have'nt got a clue thus far. I have a hard time believing that lack of communication is the problem causing the back sliding. No, I really don't believe in this team or coaching staff and if we beat Kentucky 50-0(more likely to be 17-14)it wont make any difference to me because I know that a less than stellar FLA team is going to mop up the mess we've made. I hope Mcgarity takes the necessary steps to stop the BS and get back on the right road. As much as I hate to say it UGA is irrelevant in any college football conversation right now with the exception of Coaching changes.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49765 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
Let's take this a step further.

The new owner of the Cleveland Browns has his sights set on Nick Saban. First day after being approved by a vote of 32-0 by the NFL owners, stepped up to the mike and said Nick Saban is his man. Folks in Alabama don't think that Saban would leave Tuscaloosa, I say . . . . stop, look and listen. Money will never be an issue, new owner Jimmy Haslam and family have 3 billion that they can work with. Haslam will make Nick Saban the highest paid head coach in the NFL. Never doubt that.

So, where does that take us? If Saban leaves Alabama is there any doubt that Kirby Smart becomes the head coach? Not in my mind. If Saban stays in Tuscaloosa, Kirby Smart will either become the head coach at Tennessee (Jimmy Haslam is a UT man, with a lot of pull) or McGarity and the powers that run the Georgia football program will take note. Kirby Smart has said that he is ready to become a head coach, he now has many options to choose from.

www.lostlettermen.com/can-browns-lure-nick-saban-back-to-nfl/

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49766 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
Saban will not leave Tuscaloosa. He like Spurrier cannot have any one around them with bigger egos than thiers. NFL the players have the bigger egos and Saban will not stand for that. Don't care how much the Flying J guy is offering. :whistle:

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 6 months ago #49767 by Buc
That is one way to look at it ogredawg. Another is the fact that Saban hates to be labeled as someone that cannot get the job done. Followed him in Miami, that was a mistake taking the Dolphins job. One reason, franchise was a total mess at that point and Huizenga was trying his best to dump the team.

If Saban remains in Tuscaloosa, brightens the future for some SEC teams chances of getting Kirby Smart. With our current administration, not sure that Georgia will be the team that he coaches. Everything is right, sets up perfectly for Kirby Smart to return home, one problem . . . . not sure we have the backbone to replace Richt with Smart. My opinion.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49768 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"

Buc wrote: That is one way to look at it ogredawg. Another is the fact that Saban hates to be labeled as someone that cannot get the job done. Followed him in Miami, that was a mistake taking the Dolphins job. One reason, franchise was a total mess at that point and Huizenga was trying his best to dump the team.

If Saban remains in Tuscaloosa, brightens the future for some SEC teams chances of getting Kirby Smart. With our current administration, not sure that Georgia will be the team that he coaches. Everything is right, sets up perfectly for Kirby Smart to return home, one problem . . . . not sure we have the backbone to replace Richt with Smart. My opinion.

Been said numerous times here Buc. As long as CMR gets 10 wins he stays, too many satisfied with that, beating Tech and being SEC second tier. The only way I see him not being HC at UGA is a loss to the gaytors this year and next. Kirby goes to Tennessee in January.

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 6 months ago #49769 by Buc
Lot of strength in what you say ogredawg. Saban knows that Kirby has been "tutored" enough. My greatest fear is that Kirby Smart moves to Knoxville. We had our chance back when Richt and the rest of the folks were floundering around. Would love to see what UGA would look like today if Smart had been hired as head coach, not defensive coordinator. Pay Kirby Smart 750,000 and Richt 3 million, something wrong with those figures.

Not sure about the game in JAX at this point, do know that Muschamp and Pease have gotten the bad taste left by Urban Meyer pretty much out of Florida's system.

Still hold onto the hope that Kirby Smart somehow returns to Athens and straightens our program out. Not sure that losing to the gators this year and next will change anything in Athens. Richt is holding on to the latest contract extension with both hands. Always says the same thing after a loss to a talented football team, and you are right, too many buy into it. Next season the schedule will move some more of the fence sitters to realization.

Hope our team wins every football game they ever participate in, but good common sense and a little "street smarts" bring me back to my senses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds