Forum

Page Two . . . "Party Line"

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49776 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
Buc, the way things are going here's what I see. 8 maybe 9 wins. Guessing CSS is glad his chickens are at the "front'" of the schedule again. But then again, does it really matter when we play them? I think not.

Aug. 31 at Clemson

Sept. 7 South Carolina (LOSS)

Sept. 14 Open date

Sept. 21 North Texas

Sept. 28 LSU (LOSS)

Oct. 5 at Tennessee (LOSS)

Oct. 12 Missouri (Maybe LOSS)

Oct. 19 at Vanderbilt

Oct. 26 Open date

Nov. 2 Florida in Jacksonville (LOSS)

Nov. 9 Appalachian State

Nov. 16 at Auburn

Nov. 23 Kentucky

Nov. 30 at Georgia Tech
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49777 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"

wlayton wrote: Buc, have to believe that "deep down", McGarity feels and see's the same things we have all been talking about but I just don't think he will fire any coach that goes 10-2 or 11-1. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Have read ALL the post in this thread and agree with just about everything being said. Wlayton, been wrestling with the same question as above. How can he? Winning 10 or 11 games in any program is a marvelous feat. The question is, are we seeing improvement year over year. I don't think you can say yes to that. Won 10 last year, beat the teams we were suppose to, and found ways to lose close games. Status quo to me.

Buc, what can I say. Bingo, hitting the nail on the head. You are killing me with truth. Let's not hide our head in the sand anymore. Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining. (pardon all cliches)

One thing I have read but don't agree with. UT people not talking about getting KS. Gruden is name being thrown around. Other name is Patrino, believe it or not. They have given up next two games. Last 4 will tell the story. Troy, Missou, KY, Vandy, he must win all four.

If UT does win 4 KS may still be in play next year when we go 7 - 4.

Go Dawgs! GATA!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
11 years 6 months ago #49778 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
gillette and TN Dawg it really makes me feel good to have you two in agreement. Maybe both are not totally in agreement but on most questions that confront all of us concerning UGA, feel we are on the same page.

This must be said. kentdaddy, ogredawg, 36869, duck, averagedawg, sadlerdawg and many others that I can't recall as I am typing this were ahead of me. They have not wavered, and for the truth to be known, they were right.

TN Dawg, Jon Gruden just signed a 4 or 5 year contract with the "Mother Ship" (ESPN). Gruden loves the spotlight, no way he is going to land in Knoxville. He has reached the heights that he has wanted all along . . . . Jon Gruden is a STAR. He fell flat on his face in Tampa after the Super Bowl victory.

Petrino, might surprise some, but this is what Buc thinks. If I were in charge of football in Tennessee or anywhere else, Petrino's name would be on my list. Yes, I am a member of the Atlanta Falcon board listed as buc not Buc. What Petrino did in Atlanta was wrong, what he did in Fayetteville was totally wrong, what he did while employed at Louisville visiting Auburn was wrong. He is a liar, but he knows how to build football teams through knowledge. It sooner or later comes down to winning football games, check Gene Chizik and Auburn out since Cam Newton. The same Cam Newton by the way that Mark Richt wanted to play tightend. Guess none of us can be right 100% of the time. Mark Richt's percentages seem to be below acceptable levels by those on this board that want UGA to progress.

Comes a time when folks have to make a choice. We are faced with some of that now. Reading many blogs, the same response seems to always come up when Mark Richt's name is mentioned. "Good man" is most often used to describe Mark Richt. I don't disagree with that, agree with that to a point. My problem with Mark Richt is a simple one . . . . he has proven to me that he cannot move UGA forward, by forward I mean being on the same page with the universities that year after year do more with less talent than Richt has year after year on the Athens Campus.

Would love to win every game that we play, but . . . . how many players are we losing from the defense this year . . . . I can't answer that, but I do know that several of our "vets" will move along. Now we have the 2013 schedule and it appears that we have to face off with some seriously talentened teams, and that quite frankly is a bit different than our last two years. First couple of months are going to be a test for Mark Richt's 2013 Edition of UGA Football. Noise could be really loud after the first couple of months, hope not, but . . . .

gillette, on board with your numbers. Thinking that we are probably a 8 win team in 2013. Too many questions about the offensive play calling and the fact that we do not know how to recruit offensive linemen. Truth.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49779 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
I dunno. I see us losing six, possibly seven games next year. Clemson and Scar right out of the gate...that's tough. LSU beats us, as do the gators. Missou...possible loss. Auburn, possible loss. Tennessee...possible loss.

Wonder if we lose CMR a year late? Either way, next year will be tough so I guess I'll enjoy what remains of this season.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
11 years 6 months ago #49780 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
I've read most of the posts in this thread and other threads here and other sites, blogs or whatever you want to call them. There's 2 common denominators across the board. 1. CMR is done and 2. coaching changes people are predicting in the SEC.

Unless McGarity pulls a Navy Seal type sneak attack that no one would ever expect, accept the fact, we are stuck with CMR and company for quite some time.

OK now. We're stuck with CMR. We all know UGA should've had, at a minumum, 1 NC in the past 10 years.

With that said, what should happen going into 2103 (and YES I'm looking at 2013) and beyond to shake things up and get the ship pointed toward a NC? I'm looking for input here knowing we're suck with CMR for a while.

IMO, the ship right now as it stands, is being paddled by talented players with a lost captain that doesn't know where NC is or what it takes to get there. The players? They keep paddling, paddling, stroke after stroke. Left, right, left, right, and so on. CSS, CLM, CNS, and even Muschump seem to succed with less. Sooner than later our talent WILL run dry and the ship starts sinking.

We ALL know the solution to fix this slow leak. Right?

McGarity, you made a huge mistake with CMR's contract extension my friend. Unless you're willing to throw out millions of $ to get rid of ass you better sit his ass down and give him a major attitude adjustment. Otherise, we're floating with the current while the rest (UA, LSU, UT, UF, USC, and others) power their way to dominance.

More
11 years 5 months ago #49782 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"

LimeyDawg wrote: I dunno. I see us losing six, possibly seven games next year. Clemson and Scar right out of the gate...that's tough. LSU beats us, as do the gators. Missou...possible loss. Auburn, possible loss. Tennessee...possible loss.

Wonder if we lose CMR a year late? Either way, next year will be tough so I guess I'll enjoy what remains of this season.

LimeyDawg, I don't have a problem agreeing with six or seven losses next season. Probably closer to reality.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds