Forum

Page Two . . . "Party Line"

11 years 6 months ago #49770 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
You're right Buc, I hope we'll win 'em all also,but, to be realistic, if we load up with cupcakes it's just an empty vessel and not much to shout about. I guess I'm just tired of waiting for sombody to step up and do something meaningful with what should be a great team.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49771 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
CMR's not going anywhere..10-2..11-1.....McGarity will feel he has no choice but to keep CMR. His mindset will be, "how can you fire a HC that goes 10-2 or 11-1"? Then HE would be the one looking bad in the eyes of college football.

The "catch-22" for me is that you know Smart had MUCH rather come to UGA than UT but from a timing standpoint, don't believe it will happen.

Now if we lose 3 more games and UF being one of them, then McGarity would feel justified to pull the trigger........again though, with our lame schedule, don't see it playing out.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #49772 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
Interesting reply on McGarity, wlayton. I sure hope that he walks the walk. Do know that the man he worked under in Gainesville will pull and has pulled the trigger at Florida. There are still some in Florida that have not forgave Foley for not letting Spurrier return. If Spurrier beats Florida again in the Swamp there will be some hooting and hollering for sure. Folks at Florida know that Steve Spurrier was the beginning of the turn around for their football team.

What Foley did was hire UM and add to the trophy case. Anyone that doubts that Foley expects any less from Muschamp, don't understand Athletic Director Foley. He walks the walk. I would love to see some of the same from McGarity. Especially now that we understand fully where our program is headed . . . . again. If nothing was wrong with the football program when McGarity signed on, makes me scratch my head wondering why he had a sit down, face to face with Richt. Had to be a reason.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49773 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
Buc, have to believe that "deep down", McGarity feels and see's the same things we have all been talking about but I just don't think he will fire any coach that goes 10-2 or 11-1. Hopefully I'm wrong.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #49774 by Buc
wlayton, I think that you are right on. You are right that McGarity has been around the block, no doubts serving under Foley.

Feel the sooner the heat is turned up and we quit getting the same old "party line" or should I say we don't accept the "party line" the sooner we move forward.

This is what I believe as a serious backer of UGA. South Carolina will be bad to the bone next season. No reason to think otherwise.

Florida can only get better and the last time I looked, the "media giants" had Florida far ahead of us. Muschamp made a very smart move in getting the offensive coordinator from Boise State, got rid of that lump that has moved on. He did well with Boise State as we know well, now he is going to have more rated athletes in a year of recruiting than he had for several years of recruiting at Boise State. That is scary.

Now we are going to pick up the pace with the competition we will see. This season was the last "freebie" that we will see in a long time. Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and who knows what the rest of 2013 will look like. 10-2, 11-1, would not put my money on those numbers.

Last but not least . . . ogredawg had this to say, scares the hell out of me.

Been said numerous times here Buc. As long as CMR gets 10 wins he stays, too many satisfied with that, beating Tech and being SEC second tier. The only way I see him not being HC at UGA is a loss to the gaytors this year and next. Kirby goes to Tennessee in January.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49775 by Buc
Wondering if we get 10 or 11 wins playing the 2013 schedule. Managed to dodge Alabama again.

Here’s the entire 2013 Georgia schedule.

Aug. 31 at Clemson

Sept. 7 South Carolina

Sept. 14 Open date

Sept. 21 North Texas

Sept. 28 LSU

Oct. 5 at Tennessee

Oct. 12 Missouri

Oct. 19 at Vanderbilt

Oct. 26 Open date

Nov. 2 Florida in Jacksonville

Nov. 9 Appalachian State

Nov. 16 at Auburn