Forum

On a brighter note

11 years 6 months ago #49517 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: On a brighter note
I've said it before--this coaching staff has taken the fun out of being a Georgia college football fan. I used to get up early, watch all the game day shows, get my beer and eats ready, and camp in front of the tv in anticipation of college football Saturdays. Now the last few years as I've grown accustomed to our monumental collapses on a regular basis, it just isn't that much fun any more. I usually watch UGA and that's about it, because the outcome of the other games don't mean anything any more since we are always out of the national picture so early in the year.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49518 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: On a brighter note

sadlerdawg wrote: I've said it before--this coaching staff has taken the fun out of being a Georgia college football fan. I used to get up early, watch all the game day shows, get my beer and eats ready, and camp in front of the tv in anticipation of college football Saturdays. Now the last few years as I've grown accustomed to our monumental collapses on a regular basis, it just isn't that much fun any more. I usually watch UGA and that's about it, because the outcome of the other games don't mean anything any more since we are always out of the national picture so early in the year.

Feel your pain sadlerdawg, think we all do.....really sad, like part of your life is taken away from you (maybe I need to get a life or maybe it's just Monday after a fiasco).

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #49520 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: On a brighter note
I don't know guys. I think we always thought we should be playing with the big boys and now we may have to come to the realization that thats not the case anymore. We're becoming the "Homecoming Game" we all used to look forward to playing for some of these teams and we've just added one more.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 6 months ago #49525 by duck
Replied by duck on topic Re: On a brighter note
Heck what is so bad, when I met my wife 25 years ago, her 2 boys were USC fans. It took me 2 to 3 years to convert them to UGA fans and they are avid fans and I mean they are worse than me, and I was the type that could not eat or sleep game day eve. Now that we have lost 3 in a row, they tell me they are going back to be USC fans. I said heck I'll join you, at least they can beat a top 20 team. No just kidding, they know USC is just on the up hll side, they have no tradation, and no championships, as UGA fan, they can at least brag on what we have in the past, maybe not current, but live in the past.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49543 by TampaDawg
Replied by TampaDawg on topic Re: On a brighter note
This is my first post about Saturday's night’s game.

I don't want to throw any of the Dawgs players under the bus. Coaches, well that’s a whole nother story. I just think the Dawgs were out coach in every way Saturday night. The coaches of SC had all the answers and the Dawgs coaches did not.

And what the TV announcer said about AM’s nightmare may have been in away the AM was joking about it, or may have been more to the dream that the announcer didn't say.

Why do I believe that:
Because I (We) have send AM in many games that thought he was not going to finish or even get up from. Cast in point two years ago against LSU, Nick Fairley did everything possible to kill AM but the kid kept getting up and he finished the game!!!
AM may not be the best QB but he's no whim on the field! Beside we all have had dreams that scare the shit out of us, but we got up that morning, got out of bed, and did our job that day!

More
11 years 6 months ago #49545 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: On a brighter note
TampaDawg, rarely do this, but I believe that was the Auburn game. Butt bottom has continued those practices in the NFL.

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds